Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
16,831 Posts
Wasp Jak-Hammers have been around as long as Mechanicals have so that has to speak volumes for their broadheads. Ive never personally shot them but wouldnt hesitate for 2 seconds. Go for it!;):)

Reactions: svbubba

·
5,889 Posts
I would get the Jak X designed for crossbow. I had the regular Jak Hammers predeploy out of my 380 recurve. Missed the whole target at 40 yards. JME. Maybe if you double band them they may work fine.

·
Registered
283 Posts
one of the Most underrated broadheads out there......wasp JaK X.......made in the USA........been around along time .....been using them for years ......they come double banded .....and you can get them for a good price if you look around the web....wasp jak hammer the same broadhead -single-band -Black in color......JaK X is Red -crossbow version........

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I have been using them for about ten years now. One of the most underrated heads out there. I use the standard heads in either 1 1/2" or 1 3/4" with the single "o" ring. Never had an issue with one, they make a nice hole. They have heavier blades than most other mechanicals. What I like is the ability to wrap Dentel floss around the blades and practice with the same exact head you will hunt with (foam targets only)

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been using them for about ten years now. One of the most underrated heads out there. I use the standard heads in either 1 1/2" or 1 3/4" with the single "o" ring. Never had an issue with one, they make a nice hole. They have heavier blades than most other mechanicals. What I like is the ability to wrap Dentel floss around the blades and practice with the same exact head you will hunt with (foam targets only)
Thanks guys good info I know they been around awhile probably try them

·
Registered
392 Posts
Look at G5 MegaMeat.
I shot the jack x last year, over the top blades leaves a very small entrance hole. On my buck the exit hole was plugged with fat so very hard trailing job.
This year I killed a nice buck with the MegaMeat, big holes in and out, much easier track job although he only went 50 yards and piled up and out of my 29X at 435fps they fly like field points to 60 yards. The Jack X also flew like field points so great in that regard, just want big holes in and out.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Used them for decades -- fly just like field points

Horns

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only thing with mega meats is there’s a wire ring if blades aren’t snap in all the way you will have problems how they fly and I like to keep it simple don’t like to have to watch things

·
Registered
283 Posts
the wasp Z force .......is a All steel rear deploying broadhead ...1-5/8 cut ..that as been around for for many more years then the G5 deadmeat .......works and looks the same......... this is my go to broadhead ........

·
Registered
392 Posts
the wasp Z force .......is a All steel rear deploying broadhead ...1-5/8 cut ..that as been around for for many more years then the G5 deadmeat .......works and looks the same......... this is my go to broadhead ........
I was wondering, how fast have you shot the z force? Just wondering if it stays closed at 430fps +.
thanks for the info, looks like a winner

·
Registered
283 Posts
I was wondering, how fast have you shot the z force? Just wondering if it stays closed at 430fps +.
thanks for the info, looks like a winner
i friend of mine came over yesterday with his ten point havic 440.........the wasp z force .......at 415-420 fps....heavy arrow ......Did come Open in flight.....shot it two times ....opened up...... i would say not a over 400 fps crossbow broadhead to be safe............double banded wasp jak X ........No problems at all........

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i friend of mine came over yesterday with his ten point havic 440.........the wasp z force .......at 415-420 fps....heavy arrow ......Did come Open in flight.....shot it two times ....opened up...... i would say not a over 400 fps crossbow broadhead to be safe............double banded wasp jak X ........No problems at all........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts