Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
On a Barnett Raptor Pro STR could someone, please, tell me the easiest way to wax the cables where they cross in the channel of the forearm? Also, how can you tell if there is a teflon strip inside channel? Should it be visible? Thanks. 馃懘

Registered
Wax them when you have it cocked and you could always just press the bow just enough to slacken the cables enough to get in between them and the stock to work some up into there. You should be able to get a flashlight underneath to inspect to see if there's a piece of Teflon underneath also.

Registered
Wax the cables/string when the crossbow is uncocked and then cock it (with safety on of course) to get to the areas you couldn't get to before. Alot of folks will tell you not to but I use a hair dryer to melt the wax and I rub it into the string/cables with my fingers. Ive been doing it this way since the 80's and never had a problem.

Registered
Wax the cables/string when the crossbow is uncocked and then cock it (with safety on of course) to get to the areas you couldn't get to before. Alot of folks will tell you not to but I use a hair dryer to melt the wax and I rub it into the string/cables with my fingers. Ive been doing it this way since the 80's and never had a problem.
Yes, the old hair dryer trick ! It does leave a nice glazing over the strings/cables... not only that, the heat softens the wax and also the material will absorb the wax much more efficiently when heated, being carefull not to over heat them, which is hard to do with just a hair dryer though. I like to use a wax that is silicone based. It really gets in between all the strands and keeps them from binding. Pure silicone grease goes a long way also..
Bohning Tex-Tite & Seal-Tite are my personal favorites though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts