Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed some wear on my arrows/bolts, obviously from the rollers. Any idea why? Are knocks off?
0C45896A-E69C-4071-B637-0B874482512B.jpeg

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
How old and how many shots over your rest?
They do need to be changed sometime (after a lot of shots).
I can’t say how many.
Also check to see if rollers are free.
Dirt/dust can bind them up.
Also your timing/nock area could cause some extra wear on a bolt.
Due to bolt not being launched straight.
Actually I think a bolt could be flexed more when shot out of a poorly set up Ravin. Might depend onthe bolt somewhat too as far as spine and how the spine (strongest part is oriented) when fired from bow.
Also and this don’t get metioned often.
Have you changed nocks on bolts that have several shots on them?
Worn nocks could cause your nocking point to go south faster vs new(er) nock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d say less than 50 shots on new r29 I received in July. Original nocks- I’d hate to think that 5-10 shots requires a nock change?. Rollers see to roll and flex but I do see black on them, hard to tell but may have some flat spots.

I’m assuming this isn’t typical wear.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Tell you what I think since you are saying relatively few shots.
R29x is punishing the bolts (spine wise) hence some extra pressure being put on front rest with bolts.
Might help if you have strongest part of spine in the vertical.
The bolt in pic might have strongest spine inthe horizontal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help. I say relatively few shots because it’s on my target arrows and my hunting arrows that have no more than 10 shots from checking broad head flight.
I saw the same question on Facebook I believe- replies there said marks were from the target. Do you think that is possible? Targets are morrell bag and rinehart 18 in1.
The spine stiffness you talk about, is that what one of your videos was on?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the 18-1 field points were about 1/3 in. 3 blade muzzy up to halfway on fletching, rage xbow about 3” from fletching. Only field points into morrell, goes about 1/3.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking at my hunting bolts since I know they have only been shot a few times. I just don’t think it’s target marks I’ve seen target melt in arrows before this doesn’t come off. There are 3 of the long marks on bolts evenly spaced. I cranked the sled down until I could line up bad spot on the rest. Matches rest perfectly. Except there’s 3 marks which means I would have had to put bolt in cock vane up.... This isn’t my first xbow, just first ravin. I seriously doubt I put bolt in wrong but sometimes a person does dumb things. But wouldn’t you expect either bad hit or damaged vanes if shot upside down? Mine were dead on out to my max of 50yds.
Also it’s so hard to see but I think I have flat spots on rest. How easily should the rollers spin? Mine spin with finger but not by roiling bolt over them, not even with pressure. And this damage is on target arrows that were shot as soon as I got bow. It was brand new there’s no way they had dirt in them then.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
If you had say 3 bolts and all were shot same number of shots yet one shows more wear that might tell me something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you had say 3 bolts and all were shot same number of shots yet one shows more wear that might tell me something.
My blob target is bad for that. If I shoot the same arrow alot it will actually make flat spots between the blades and none in-line with the blades. You can even feel them.
My 18 1 target not as much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
only 2 bolts (lighted) that I 100% know Have been shot into only 18-1 target and same number of times about 6. Wear is same on both.
I emailed ravin. They didn’t say what might be going on. But I told them I think I have some small flat spots but rollers seem to turn. They are sending a new rest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts