Crossbow Nation banner
2081 - 2100 of 2200 Posts

·
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,082 ·
So, Sheila ... does the cooking around here on weekends. Brutally territorial around the kitchen. Go near the stove and she starts barking. Unless ... she asks for some help just to get me off my arse to open a can or some other mindless task. "Could you help me?" "Whattaya need sweety?"

Now I never complain about what she makes. I've never been a complainer about what any past Sheila cooked. ALL that I ever ask is that it IS cooked! Simple enough. I've diplomatically passed that requirement on to the latest. Judiciously told her a few times that "I don't care if the eggs are hard as hockey pucks, just so they're not runny." Yesterday she makes eggs over. I hate, that's HATE runny eggs. I like yokes, but not egg white snots. The eggs are not cooked. We're sitting at the table. I casually take my plate over to the stove and before I can even slip them back in the pan she starts going ape chit on me. I look at her incredulously and ask: "how is it that I'm somehow the bad guy over the eggs not being cooked???" I mean I'm smart enough to know when to suffer in silence with women, but I ain't getten salmonella to keep the peace ...lol

Just to show you I'm not a kitchen table Gestapo agent, the day before she's cooking breakfast and I hear her screaming. She went to salt my food and the side door of the salt shaker was open. Literally poured salt into the omelet mixing bowl. Scooped out what she could that was floating on top. I ate an omelet so salty I thought my rectum was going to dehydrate shut. I never uttered a word! Not to mention that didn't say that I don't use salt, so why is she salting in the first place? :rolleyes: :sneaky:

Women, can anyone help me figure out what I did wrong? :oops:😂
Smile Sharing Font News Event

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
NO

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I’m trying to figure out what kind of salt shaker you have with a side door. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
So, Sheila ... does the cooking around here on weekends. Brutally territorial around the kitchen. Go near the stove and she starts barking. Unless ... she asks for some help just to get me off my arse to open a can or some other mindless task. "Could you help me?" "Whattaya need sweety?"

Now I never complain about what she makes. I've never been a complainer about what any past Sheila cooked. ALL that I ever ask is that it IS cooked! Simple enough. I've diplomatically passed that requirement on to the latest. Judiciously told her a few times that "I don't care if the eggs are hard as hockey pucks, just so they're not runny." Yesterday she makes eggs over. I hate, that's HATE runny eggs. I like yokes, but not egg white snots. The eggs are not cooked. We're sitting at the table. I casually take my plate over to the stove and before I can even slip them back in the pan she starts going ape chit on me. I look at her incredulously and ask: "how is it that I'm somehow the bad guy over the eggs not being cooked???" I mean I'm smart enough to know when to suffer in silence with women, but I ain't getten salmonella to keep the peace ...lol

Just to show you I'm not a kitchen table Gestapo agent, the day before she's cooking breakfast and I hear her screaming. She went to salt my food and the side door of the salt shaker was open. Literally poured salt into the omelet mixing bowl. Scooped out what she could that was floating on top. I ate an omelet so salty I thought my rectum was going to dehydrate shut. I never uttered a word! Not to mention that didn't say that I don't use salt, so why is she salting in the first place? :rolleyes: :sneaky:

Women, can anyone help me figure out what I did wrong? :oops:😂
View attachment 206046
That could be a tactical maneuver to get you to take her to IHOP. :D :giggle:

·
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,087 ·
Reactions: MN_Willie

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Is that salt shaker half full or half empty? :LOL:
On second thought, it’s probably best we don’t delve too deeply into the minds of this crew.

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Ahhhh Duke..you are a consumer of equal such as am I. Are we healthier using it? Sometimes I wonder, because instead of using my teaspoon of sugar I rip open 4 equal packs to compensate sweetness.

Another thought on breackfast is burnt toast. I supose many of you have read the book on that subject. Now that a have fed 4 kids to adulthood I have become the "leftovers" trashcan...lol

It took awhile but I am totally to the point where I LOVE BURNT TOAST !

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
In todays world what you need to do is, organize and start a class action lawsuit against OXO. :( ;)
Or at least, make them include three pages of safety warnings with each salt & pepper shaker set. 🧂 :)

·
Registered
836 Posts
In todays world what you need to do is, organize and start a class action lawsuit against OXO. :( ;)
Or at least, make them include three pages of safety warnings with each salt & pepper shaker set. 🧂 :)
As a more or less funny side note ...
During my study in the early '90s, we had a few lectures in mechanical engineering as well.
To the topic of product liability, the lecturer quoted an example from the US, were some woman had sued a microwave manufacturer.
Obviously he had forgotten to mention in the manual that you shall not ever dry life pets in the microwave ...

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
As a more or less funny side note ...
During my study in the early '90s, we had a few lectures in mechanical engineering as well.
To the topic of product liability, the lecturer quoted an example from the US, were some woman had sued a microwave manufacturer.
Obviously he had forgotten to mention in the manual that you shall not ever dry life pets in the microwave ...
Things really started going south years ago when the woman going through the drive thru at a McDonalds sued for spilling hot coffee on her lap. Guess there should have been a warning on the cup that said "HOT".

·
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,093 ·
Ahhhh Duke..you are a consumer of equal such as am I. Are we healthier using it? Sometimes I wonder, because instead of using my teaspoon of sugar I rip open 4 equal packs to compensate sweetness.

Another thought on breackfast is burnt toast. I supose many of you have read the book on that subject. Now that a have fed 4 kids to adulthood I have become the "leftovers" trashcan...lol

It took awhile but I am totally to the point where I LOVE BURNT TOAST !
Sheila ... uses Equal. Being Latin they must have no sweet taste buds so she uses like 4 in a cup of tea too! I just bought a box of 1,000! When I was running work in NYC you'd go into a Latino bodega and if you asked for milk & sugar in your tea they'd shovel two or three TABLESPOONS of sugar in a cup to go. I'd have to tell them ONE LEVEL TEASPOON of sugar. They'd stare at me as if I just spoke to them in Mandarin. It simply would compute in their heads.

She likes burned toast too. Sounds like you two were made for each other ...lol

• Haha

·
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,094 ·
Material property Font Gas Signage Wood

·
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,095 ·

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I like the way she leaves one of those packets sticking out from under the lid of the equal jar must be she's a woman on the Move tell her that's a genius idea

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Things really started going south years ago when the woman going through the drive thru at a McDonalds sued for spilling hot coffee on her lap. Guess there should have been a warning on the cup that said "HOT".
what bothers me is why mcdonals superheats they water, its not hot and its not boiling hot, its superheated hot

havent been in one for years but still baffles me

·
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,099 ·
Yellow Rectangle Font Material property Fixture

·
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,100 ·
Forehead Nose Cheek Chin Eyebrow

2081 - 2100 of 2200 Posts