Crossbow Nation banner

581 - 600 of 650 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
The vertical archery world is a bit simpler, fortunately. Especially that of vertical compound bows.
PSE Stinger shooters (300$) had occasionally beaten 2000+$ Hoyt shooters, to prove my point.
As long as your accuracy is worse than the precision, you cannot buy performance. Just create certain impressions ...

·
9,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #582
You can buy … precision, but you can't buy accuracy. :)

·
9,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #584

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
I always blame my equipment. Can't be my old worn out almost 71 year old body or the slight tremors my Doc claims I have in my hands or the thicker lenses in my glasses so it must be the dang bows fault. 😳

·
9,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #586
I always blame my equipment. Can't be my old worn out almost 71 year old body or the slight tremors my Doc claims I have in my hands or the thicker lenses in my glasses so it must be the dang bows fault. 😳
LOL … I have a buddy who I met about 17 years ago. When we met I used to call him "Inspector Gadget." Every second or third shot that was off a bit, he'd be reaching for allen wrenches, screw drivers, pliers, SOME kind of gadget to make adjustments on his vertical bow. He used to carry all that crap on the 3D course and archery range. Took me quite a while but eventually got him to quit screwing with the equipment and just screw with the shooter! ;)

Reactions: grayfox

·
9,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #587

·
2,880 Posts
The vertical archery world is a bit simpler, fortunately. Especially that of vertical compound bows.
PSE Stinger shooters (300$) had occasionally beaten 2000+$ Hoyt shooters, to prove my point.
As long as your accuracy is worse than the precision, you cannot buy performance. Just create certain impressions ...
Yes and no (vertical being simpler). I shoot 3D with a husband and wife who shoot Bowtech verticals. At our last shoot, both experienced a few bad targets. The comments about unexpected bad shots were mostly about peep rotaton, forgetting to center the front sight ring in the peep, how far they pulled the kisser button back into the corner of their mouths, etc. Both are pretty good shooters overall. My comment to them was, with my setup, when the shot is bad, I know exactly what it was - ME. Either didn't settle the crosshairs enough, didn't follow through well enough, something like that. I would say that I would be uncomfortable going into a season with all the mental questions they had at that last shoot. Me, I went to the range yesterday to check every broadhead/arrow combo, and could watch through the scope as every one arched above aim point and dropped into the spot at 40 or 50 yards. If I miss, it's not the equipment, and that's with a crossbow I probably couldn't fetch $300 for IF I ever wanted to sell it (which I don't.) ;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yes and no (vertical being simpler). I shoot 3D with a husband and wife who shoot Bowtech verticals. At our last shoot, both experienced a few bad targets. The comments about unexpected bad shots were mostly about peep rotaton, forgetting to center the front sight ring in the peep, how far they pulled the kisser button back into the corner of their mouths, etc.
Doing 3D with a vetical compound, I know that all too well. I even sometimes thought my scope got misaligned. But actually, it was just bad form and bad shots. Usually collapsing in the shot (i.e. collapsing back tension during release).
Peep rotation usually happens during the first few dozen shots with not pre-stretched strings, but not to experienced archers. That's a lame excuse ... ;)

·
9,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #591
"It's the … poor sportsman who blames his equipment." That's an expression I remember even as a kid!

·
9,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #592

·
9,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #594

·
9,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #595

·
9,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #596