Crossbow Nation banner
1,161 - 1,180 of 2,493 Posts
Duke, were you a NASCAR driver or professional fisherman back in the day?
If not, you missed your calling because I’ve never heard/ read something with more product name dropping than your above yarn. :D
Maybe you’re trolling for sponsors. I can see it now, you all decked out with sponsor patches and such.

Reactions: Moon and dynamo61
Discussion starter · #1,162 · (Edited)
If not, you missed your calling because I’ve never heard/ read something with more product name dropping than your above yarn. :D
Maybe you’re trolling for sponsors. I can see it now, you all decked out with sponsor patches and such.
I forgot ... to mention my Cabelas knee high heavy socks, The Night Vision Company TNVC hat, Breakaway Nylon Coaster I used on the scope magnification ring, the Fenix PD35 and Leatherman Wave on my belt, and the long range Fenix HT-18 weapon light I tried out one night. :p :p;);)

By the way, the Fenix HT-18 lit up a deer at 118 yards like he was Mick Jagger on stage. Unfortunately he wouldn't stop long enough for me to bookem. I did use the HT-18 with the red filter on three deer at about 30 yards and when I clicked on the light they exploded out of Dodge City like somebody tossed a bag of rattlesnakes between them. It looked like a Mexican jail break. One made the mistake of stopping at about 75 yards to look back and died where he stood. Pretty amazing light. Only 1500 lumen but designed as a "thrower," and it sure is! Fenix HT18 Hunting Flashlight - 1500 Lumens - Fenix (fenix-store.com)

And no, I don't get gived no free stuff. I dislike Cabelas, have a hate/love thing going with KUIU, the other companies I actually like.😂

First time I'm turning on a TV in over a week. I think the Rangers are on tonight. :)

(REALLY??? Mi-ck as in Jagger the singer is a woke censored word now???...lol) By the time the lunatic fringe liberals are done we're going to have a country of delicate young adults who can't go to the bathroom unassisted without checking with their analysts. Psyches like egg shells and frightened of their shadows. An enemy won't have to shoot them all they'll have to do is call them a bad name! :rolleyes:

I forgot ... to mention my Cabelas knee high heavy socks, The Night Vision Company TNVC hat, Breakaway Nylon Coaster I used on the scope magnification ring, the Fenix PD35 and Leatherman Wave on my belt, and the long range Fenix HT-18 weapon light I tried out one night. :p :p;);)

By the way, the Fenix HT-18 lit up a deer at 118 yards like he was **** Jagger on stage. Unfortunately he wouldn't stop long enough for me to bookem. I did use the HT-18 with the red filter on three deer at about 30 yards and when I clicked on the light they exploded out of Dodge City like somebody tossed a bag of rattlesnakes between them. It looked like a Mexican jail break. One made the mistake of stopping at about 75 yards to look back and died where he stood. Pretty amazing light. Only 1500 lumen but designed as a "thrower," and it sure is! Fenix HT18 Hunting Flashlight - 1500 Lumens - Fenix (fenix-store.com)

And no, I don't get gived no free stuff. I dislike Cabelas, have a hate/love thing going with KUIU, the other companies I actually like.😂

First time I'm turning on a TV in over a week. I think the Rangers are on tonight. :)

(REALLY??? Mi-ck as in Jagger the singer is a woke censored word now???...lol) By the time the lunatic fringe liberals are done we're going to have a country of delicate young adults who can't go to the bathroom unassisted without checking with their analysts. Psyches like egg shells and frightened of their shadows. An enemy won't have to shoot them all they'll have to do is call them a bad name! :rolleyes:
View attachment 193903
Darned, Duke!
i can't remember what I had for breakfast today, let alone who made my multi-tool or flashlight LOL.
Good for you!

Yes, was soooooo happy to watch some baseball, Yankees-Jays on Sunday.
Heck I bet there is a game on now.
Feels like spring and summer around the bend when MLB is on.

BTW, go Leafs hahaha and too funny about the Jagger first name, darned filter queens!

Sports have turned into a billboard for BLM, at least the ones I've seen so far. (haven't seen a preseason baseball game yet). I feel so dirty as a white, elderly, bigoted, sexist, homophobe racist, that the only respite, (see how I worked that in) I have is hunting, fishing. Almost makes ya want to get covid. LOL

Sports have turned into a billboard for BLM, at least the ones I've seen so far. (haven't seen a preseason baseball game yet). I feel so dirty as a white, elderly, bigoted, sexist, homophobe racist, that the only respite, (see how I worked that in) I have is hunting, fishing. Almost makes ya want to get covid. LOL
If the shoe fits, wear it. If it doesn't, it shouldn't bother you. You can have empathy for something without blaming yourself for any of it.

Discussion starter · #1,167 ·
Reactions: GARY W CURTIS
Discussion starter · #1,168 ·
Funny ... one of the shooters on our 4 man team lives in Maine and was a commercial fisherman both there and in Alaska over the years. That was my frame of reference so I wasn't getting the whole brand label thing...lol I couldn't visualize grungy blood soaked Grundens with marketing labels slapped all over them. I'm a little slow on the uptake now. Or perhaps "slower" on the uptake than before. ;)

Discussion starter · #1,169 ·

Discussion starter · #1,174 ·
Discussion starter · #1,176 · (Edited)
Why Mi-ck? I don’t get it.
First Dr Seuss then Mr. Potato Head and now Mi-ck.
I'm ... German, Italian & Irish and really couldn't care less if someone wants to "slur" any of my heritage. All it actually does is label and define the sender, not the target. The supposed "victim" is just identified as Irish, Spanish, Jewish or whatever and anyone within earshot just thinks: "there's an Irishman being slurred by an angry, ignorant, bully of low intelligence. The other thing is: "the country is losing it's sense of humor." Tone and your use of a word, your objective even with a supposedly racist, homophobic, sexist slur means everything. In a joke it's just a nickname and not hurtful. If a nickname is insulting or psyche damaging, my Italian side would be supporting therapists for decades. Skippy, Flippy, Butch, Chub, Paper Doll, Junior, Dog, Flat Head, Tiny, the Colonel, Bretmeister, Spoon man, Joe Mags, Scuffman, Sonny, Sonny Jim; heck until I hit high school I'd guess most of the kids in the neighborhood never knew my real first name...lol For thousands of years comics have made a living making jokes about such things without malicious intent.

1,161 - 1,180 of 2,493 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.