Crossbow Nation banner
1801 - 1820 of 1843 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
long read but data rich. some really interesting stuff buried in there. thanks Duke.

·
11,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,803 ·
long read but data rich. some really interesting stuff buried in there. thanks Duke.
Pretty old data ... but since so much of it is about how our minds react psychologically and bodies react physiologically under that kind of stress, characteristics that have evolved and been imbedded in our DNA over millions of years; I'd say it's still extremely pertinent.

Reactions: jarhed

·
11,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,804 ·

·
11,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,806 ·

·
11,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,807 ·

·
11,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,809 ·
I don't get it.
Do you wanna imply that ... police officers .... are dumb have special needs ?!?!?
It's a rabbit trap with donuts to catch cops that the Fireman next door put out as a joke. Playing on the image that cops are always in donut shops and love donuts. Firemen busting cop's chops.

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's a rabbit trap with donuts to catch cops that the Fireman next door put out as a joke. Playing on the image that cops are always in donut shops and love donuts. Firemen busting cop's chops.
You wanna say ... your cops over there are as smart as our cops over here 😨 ?
Only - no donuts here...

·
11,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,811 ·
Generally ... our cops are more interested in their pensions and benefits than crime solving ...lol Pretty understandable since the new wave of woke-ism hates law enforcement officers. In the old days a cop said: "stop or I'll shoot" the bad guy mugger knew he was in trouble; and to keep running meant flying lead. Nowadays a cop says: "stop or I'll shoot" and the woke mob will bring him up on charges for damaging the mugger's delicate psyche, bullying, hate crimes if the mugger is a minority, and using excessive force. Not much fun in law enforcement anymore.

And in this state you need a college degree to become a cop. Probably a good idea considering the myriad of rules, regulations and procedures a cop has to remember, understand, and follow. o_O

·
11,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,813 ·
No dis to cops but this made me smile. OK, I admit it, I chuckled.
I belong ... to the county Police Chief's Association for 3 decades, which actually is a pretty exclusive bunch since you have to be sponsored by a Chief. I also house the guys who train the SWAT team when they fly in from down south. That permits me make cop jokes without malice. 😂 ;)

·
Crossbow Nut
3,804 Posts
I belong ... to the county Police Chief's Association for 3 decades, which actually is a pretty exclusive bunch since you have to be sponsored by a Chief. I also house the guys who train the SWAT team when they fly in from down south. That permits me make cop jokes without malice. 😂 ;)
OK I admit it, I muffled a LOL down to a chuckle. My story. Stickin to it.

·
11,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,815 ·
Reactions: Jack Pine

·
11,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,817 ·
I love those kinds of rivalries.
Yeah ... but you have to wonder these days where the country has lost any sense of humor that you're going to lose your job for having "offended" some daffodil's senses. Not only that, you can lose your job 20 years from now when some snowflake dredges up the old ghastly infraction and accuses you of insensitivity. :rolleyes: o_O

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yeah ... but you have to wonder these days where the country has lost any sense of humor that you're going to lose your job for having "offended" some daffodil's senses. Not only that, you can lose your job 20 years from now when some snowflake dredges up the old ghastly infraction and accuses you of insensitivity. :rolleyes: o_O
Hmmmm ... :unsure:
Why does this remind me so much of my youth ?
In a communist Eastern Bloc dictatorship, mind you.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,804 Posts
So.... does that mean the rivalry between the recurves and wheelies has to stop? I mean, some of the wheelie boys are kinda delicate and sensitive LOL. Better post a smilie jic 😁

·
11,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,820 ·
So.... does that mean the rivalry between the recurves and wheelies has to stop? I mean, some of the wheelie boys are kinda delicate and sensitive LOL. Better post a smilie jic 😁
LOL ... I count on the "old ways' and traditional sense of humor to keep me out of the Bow-Wow Chateau. I try not to give in to the woke terrorists same as I refused to use "Harvest" to launder "Newspeak" for killing deer. If you give in to it, you legitimize it and affirm it as truth. The liberals use language to shame us into legitimizing their agendas by default. "Agree with us or you're a bigot, racist, homophobic, etc., etc."

1801 - 1820 of 1843 Posts