Crossbow Nation banner
1821 - 1827 of 1827 Posts

·
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,821 ·

·
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,822 ·
Got off ... my arse last night and started getting my crossbow ducks in a row. Reassembled my 452fps Scorpyd Velocity with the Firenock Aerocrank stock. Moved my 3-15x Vortex Viper off the 433fps Scorpyd Orion I intend to sell and put it on the Velocity. Dug out a brand new 10 year old UTG 3-12x44mmAO that I bought and never used; mounted it on the Orion. Actually, isn't a terrible optic optically, not sure why I didn't like it. The 10 yard minimum parallax focus is the bee's knees. The illumination might be the worst on the planet though... lol (probably why) It lights up the whole tube inside the scope in front of the crosshair. It's like looking through a green or red tunnel of light with crosshairs at the end ...lol If you adjust it way down it's probably bearable. I can't even begin to imagine why anyone would use 36 different colors? Talk about knuckleheads who know nothing about shooting psyches and distractions? Gathered all the stuff that goes with the Orion for selling it.

I have to sight in both Scorpyds and get my arrow situation finalized. Repairs, arrows all checked & cleaned up, separated into quivers or storage containers, which go with the Orion. Broadheads from last years kills rebuilt. Going in the right direction anyway...lol

I'll keep the Velocity because the ballistics match the 450fps Ravin. Plus the Velocity shoots 22" arrows so there's no chance of an inadvertent mix-ups with the 20" Ravin arrows that have an unusual vane offset and string diameter. The Orion uses the same 20" arrow length and there's a remote chance of a screwup.

·
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,823 ·
Bathroom scale ... Digital ½ lb increments:
#1. Scorpyd Velocity, Aerocrank, big Vortex Viper 3-15x scope............................. 13 lbs
#2. Scorpyd Orion, ACUdraw, UTG "compact" scope ................................................. 11lbs
#3. Ravin R29X, Vortex XBR .......................................................................................... 9½ lbs

·
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,824 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
A moment … to acknowledge and thank all you folks for participating each day on the CrossbowNation Forum. It's a diverse bunch of people in the relatively small (but growing) crossbow hunting world that add to each other's lives during these profoundly trying times. Indeed a crossbow forum is a tiny segment of the hunting/shooting community which makes our diversity all the more remarkable. Even more remarkable is the civil and respectful way our mixed community interacts. Each of those whose posts I read is an outstanding human being in one way or another. Incredible amount of knowledge, experience and wisdom in so many different areas of life brought to one forum. With all those top 2%ers on one forum you'd think egos would clash like subatomic particles colliding; but you don't. I've been on forums since I embraced deer management about 15 years ago and sought archery knowledge. Been on lawless firearm forums that make the wild west look like a café society book reading. Rancor and nasty, ego conflicts and personalities run amuck. You guys are as passionate as any I've come in contact with, more knowledgeable than most, yet get along better, with almost zero participation from Moderators, than any forum I've seen. You're an impressive bunch and deserve to be commended. I say this now because with the confusion, unknown and fear of this coronavirus pandemic, Crossbow Nation and this membership is a familiar, steady, trustworthy rock in our daily routine. A daily respite and time consumer. (And you can't catch anything either...lol) ;)

You have no idea how much you may be helping your fellow members cope with all that's going on in the world today.

Congratulations, kudos and bravo is sent out to each and every one of you! You deserve a solid "Well Done!" Keep up the good work! I bow to you this morning and say thanks for who you are, and what you share.
View attachment 170110
New guy here... you Sir are a Class Act! This is one of my first reads on this Forum and I'm blown away!

Thank you!

Willie

·
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,826 ·
New guy here... you Sir are a Class Act! This is one of my first reads on this Forum and I'm blown away!

Thank you!

Willie
Great forum ... great membership and superb moderators. You came to the right place. ;) Now don't be shy, jump right in Willie and contribute to the repartee. The guys around here embrace new blood and whatever they bring to the table. (y)

·
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,827 ·

Reactions: MN_Willie
1821 - 1827 of 1827 Posts