Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday, I found a deer and her newborn fawn had been killed within about 100 yds. of my house. I studied it for quite a while and decided that it was the work of a bear that had the great fortune to find a doe in a act of giving birth and killed 2 birds (so to speak) with one stone. On Tuesday (yesterday), this came in to the carcass:

[/IMG]

·
Banned
364 Posts
Here in the UP of Michigan the black bears look at fawns as finger food. They really take their toll of new born and very young fawns. More so than the wolves. Fortunately we have a very large and healthy deer population so the damage isn't too severe. We also have a large population of bears. In the spring during birthing season for the deer; the bears come close to town as a lot of the deer are urban dwellers.

·
329 Posts
to all,

when i saw this thread listed in the index, i assumed that it was about bear DAMAGE to human-owned property.

a man up in northwest MD had his "vacation cabin" DESTROYED inside in February 08 by ONE blackie (looking for food, i presume)-
the furniture was upended, stuffing torn out of LR & BR furnishings, kitchen cabinets utterly destroyed, the fridge turned over, the freezer destroyed (the locking TOP was torn OFF!), storage room & garage torn up, etc.etc.etc.

the pictures given to the home insurance company looked like a tornado had run through the place. =====> over 50K in repairs/replacement required!!!

THAT's what a hungry/angry bear CAN do!!!

yours, texasnative46

·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just noticed the coyote picture date is wrong. Still trying to figure out this camera and I musta not set the date right.

·
224 Posts
texasnative46 said:
to all,

when i saw this thread listed in the index, i assumed that it was about bear DAMAGE to human-owned property.

a man up in northwest MD had his "vacation cabin" DESTROYED inside in February 08 by ONE blackie (looking for food, i presume)-
the furniture was upended, stuffing torn out of LR & BR furnishings, kitchen cabinets utterly destroyed, the fridge turned over, the freezer destroyed (the locking TOP was torn OFF!), storage room & garage torn up, etc.etc.etc.

the pictures given to the home insurance company looked like a tornado had run through the place. =====> over 50K in repairs/replacement required!!!

THAT's what a hungry/angry bear CAN do!!!

yours, texasnative46

I hope to take a black bear with a crossbow out in western md this year.
Don't know if anyone else has or not but I want to take one with my crossbow. I put in for the lottery last year but got turned down.
maybe this year :beatdeadhorse5:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts