Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not me or crossbows but thought i would share. Took my 10 year old son out today for the start of Indiana's youth deer season. This was his first time in the woods. He wanted to be up in my 16' ladder stand so I got him a harness and strapped him in a little before daylight. I got in a tree top on the ground and could not see anything except him. About 8:40 am I saw him reach for the trigger stick and rest his .357 magnum rifle on it. About that time I saw him pull the hammer back and get lined up with the scope. I could not see or hear anything and my heart was pounding out of control. All of a sudden the gun went off and I heard the deer hit the ground. Another deer ran off and I jumped up to see a nice doe on the ground and him with the widest eyes and biggest smile I have ever seen. It was a 32 yard shot through the shoulders and the deer never moved. The doe weighed 98 lbs dressed. We hugged, I cried, and just knew my late dad was looking down on us with a big smile as well. I will try to post some pictures when I get back to work and away from this terrible dial up hear at home.

Good Hunting, JDMAX

·
Registered
418 Posts
Congratulations! Good for him & good for you too. The only one who celebrated my first deer with me was a good friend. Nobody in my family hunted. Keep it growing within him. Here's to your son notching his second tag.

Jim

·
2,649 Posts
congratulations to both of you. You made a memory neither of you will ever forget.

·
348 Posts
congrats:)

·
786 Posts
I was in your shoes today as well. What a feeling! Great story and congrats to you and your son!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congratulations to you and your son. What an experience to share. As a father myself, stories like these bring a small tear to my eyes. Way to go.

·
3,188 Posts
I'm plumb tickled for you both. Give him my congratulations. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is just Awesome.. Congratulations to you both.. Memories are something that no one can take away from you....

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Congratulations to you both. That’s a sweet story of a great dad and a really good boy! Thanks for sharing; that made my day.

·
Registered
13,583 Posts
a 2010 post guys....he he he 😆 😆 😆

1 - 12 of 12 Posts