Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’ve all seen them....
Everyone knows what they are....
These little axle end garnishes are common and functional on both, compound bows and crossbows alike.

They are typically used with “Y” type Buss Cables to hold the loop ends of the “Y” on the outer ends of the axle, providing greater leverage for keeping those cams straight and in check.
But what is their proper name?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Parker used to have one a larger diameter than the other.
It was to counter cam lean.
The side farthest from the main string got the larger one .

·
Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
2,593 Posts
Just don't,,,,,, ask VL!!! Shhhhh....... We'll have to wade through a 10 page doc!!!!!!

OK! I'll try to be quiet the rest of the day,,,,,,maybe the next hour forsure!!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cable hanger !! cable mount !!
On that bow they are nothing more than a spacer ,LOL.
Yeah for sure on the Bowtech Stryker they are nothing more than a very nicely machined spacers.
I wonder why they just didn’t shorten those shafts and use washers.
If I remember correctly they had some sort of bow press that used string to hook onto those and you drew it back with the string crank allowing you to change the strings and cables easily.
I don’t know I could’ve hallucinated the whole thing I don’t remember exactly where I saw it...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just found some from Hoyt and they call them “Yoke Anchor Pulleys”.
I appreciate all the replies guys. There are a lot of good names for them here & I’m sure different manufacturers call them different things like someone mentioned. Thanks to everybody’s replies, I was able to find some and buy them for my upcoming builds. 😁

1 - 19 of 19 Posts