Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My believes are this:
I am Pro Outdoors. Anything that gets people outdoors, weather it's hunting or fishing or camping, photography, etc. Anytime I have a chance to vote, it will always be for the Pro side of anything outdoors, even archery other than crossbows because I believe that's the way it should be. I am not against anything or any weapon, as I use all weapons myself. If I didn't, it wouldn't matter as there are others that may like to use a different weapon than what I choose. It's not my place to make that decision for any one else, but to insure they can use what weapon they please. I don't believe any one should try and stop others from using whatever they want as it doesn't do any good to do so. It doesn't take away from any one else to have more weapons available. I feel like all outdoorsman should stick together, but that's not happening with that one certain sector of the community. I feel that's very wrong on their part. Very Anti when I'm on the side of being very Pro.
How 'bout you? How do you feel about the subject of weapons choice?

FYI, Another short story.
A few weeks ago, I fought and did the work it took to legalize airboats to be used on a specific lake here in Texas. Everyone else gave up the fight when they were told NO AIRBOATS. I kept at it, contacting city and state people, and Texas Parks & Wildlife game wardens and then law enforcement. By the last day of that week, I had in deed, forced a ruling that allowed the airboats onto the lake. The kicker: I have NEVER been on an airboat, much less own one, and don't have the desire to either. Too noisy for me. I did it for the Bow Fishing community. Texas Bow Hunters are members. Imagine that?

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
I too am also pro outdoors. Here in Ohio I've been fortunate that I can use any weapon I like except for a rifle. I've actually never have even shot a rifle. But I agree with GG if it's something that gets people outdoors, especially young kids. I'm all for it, even if I personally wouldn't do what ever it is we're talking about:D I'm for it . Hope that makes sense:rolleyes:

·
Banned
258 Posts
You run a good ship here,keep up the good work,youve come a long
way grass hopper!;)

·
342 Posts
Pro Outdoors
Pro Hunting
Pro weapons (all)

oh..and pro fishing of course...

·
665 Posts
targethogs said:
Pro Outdoors
Pro Hunting
Pro weapons (all)

oh..and pro fishing of course...

yes well said

·
665 Posts
Urban Legend said:
I too am also pro outdoors. Here in Ohio I've been fortunate that I can use any weapon I like except for a rifle. I've actually never have even shot a rifle. But I agree with GG if it's something that gets people outdoors, especially young kids. I'm all for it, even if I personally wouldn't do what ever it is we're talking about:D I'm for it . Hope that makes sense:rolleyes:
Were you and I hunt there is no need for a rifle

Go out west and then there is a different subject

Most of my gun shots in michigan are 100 yards and less

Rifle are great and I have shot alot of them, but they are there for distance:)

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
My beliefs are as was stated by some famous dead person whose name I can't recall in the Revolutionary War period, "we must hang together, or surely we will hang apart". This is commonly referred to as the "big tent theory" by the anti-inclusion bunch.

For those that have both the time and inclination, do a search on HSUS. They are getting bigger and stronger as we speak and there will be more showdowns sooner or later. They bought the Mi dove issue a year or so ago and won. Now the migratory Mi doves fly across the state line to get taken, lol. I did what little I could on that issue and will probably never hunt Mi. My question to y'all is who's next? Ya can dang well skippy bet someone is.

·
38 Posts
How 'bout you? How do you feel about the subject of weapons choice?
I'm thankful I live in a state (Ohio) that allows a lot of personal freedom in selecting the weapon I hunt with. I hunt deer for 4 months of the year, and I pick the weapon (depending on which season is open) that gives me the best odds of a quick, clean, one-shot kill. If I'm still hunting it might be a longbow, or bare (no sights) compound bow shot "instinctively", or a traditional muzzleloader in my hands. If I'm blind or stand hunting it might be a crossbow, or compound bow with sights, or even a scoped inline muzzleloader.
Point is, it's my choice, and I try to pick the best suited weapon to do the job most efficiently!

Now for fishing, I might pick a 4 weight fly rod for panfish, or an ultralight spinning outfit. For catfish it might be a heavy baitcast outfit, or a heavy spincast, or my heavy spinning outfit with the "bait runner" reel (what I was using for channel cats last night :)). For bass it could be a baitcast or medium spinning outfit, or even my 8 weight fly rod.

Hmmmmmmmmm................
It might be interesting to point out I've never been been criticized for which fishing outfit I take along, but I have heard negative comments when the crossbow was in my hands.
Guess we've got a lot more "educating" to do! ;)

Oh, and for tents for camping, it really depends on the length of the trip and the method of access................

Guess I might qualify as an "outdoors person", and my son is along on most of my trips, so he might turn in to one, too. I don't let him hunt much yet, though. He's only 8 years old, and it's bad enough to be out-fished most trips. :D:D
That's another advantage in Ohio today. I can buy him an "apprentice" hunting license and let him try it for a few years before he has to take and pass a hunters education course.

I also find a lot of anti type comments about trapping on many outdoors web sites. I also trap (and my son tags along) during season. It's a humane way to control some animal populations (raccoon and beaver come to mind) that other methods don't work so well in controlling. I use a lot of snares (cable restraints) set to be non-lethal in my trapping, and they are very effective in restraining catches without injury while allowing non-target catches to be released unharmed.

We all need to be tolerant of the outdoor sports and methods we do not use personally, and support other's rights to use them!

·
11,435 Posts
You've got that right

and hunters continue downing other hunters over what legal hunting tools they use:eek:

·
190 Posts
+100000 on what targethogs said. I am pro hunting, outdoors and pro all weapons, thank God and our Founding Fathers for the 2nd Amendment.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was going to say something, but someone else beat me to it. What IF...
laws governed what fishing pole and lure you could use? Does that make sense?
Maybe we would have to use a fly rod to catfish, or 20lb test line with 1/4 lb weights for perch. Does this sound absurd to anyone else? Would it make sense that another fisherman on the bank could tell you what, where an how to fish, not knowing who you are, but they took it upon themselves to regulate the waters bank because they belonged to a bass club?
They could assume they could tell your child they can't use a Bobber to catch perch unless it was at a different time than what they are fishing? Why? Who owns the public waters? Why would someone that belonged to a Bass fishing club presume they could regulate what your child or family does or fishes with? I'm trying to understand why someone that belongs to a bow hunting club would assume they have the authority to tell someone else anything? Any ideas to the insight of this type of thinking?

·
665 Posts
Guide Girl said:
I was going to say something, but someone else beat me to it. What IF...
laws governed what fishing pole and lure you could use? Does that make sense?
Maybe we would have to use a fly rod to catfish, or 20lb test line with 1/4 lb weights for perch. Does this sound absurd to anyone else? Would it make sense that another fisherman on the bank could tell you what, where an how to fish, not knowing who you are, but they took it upon themselves to regulate the waters bank because they belonged to a bass club?
They could assume they could tell your child they can't use a Bobber to catch perch unless it was at a different time than what they are fishing? Why? Who owns the public waters? Why would someone that belonged to a Bass fishing club presume they could regulate what your child or family does or fishes with? I'm trying to understand why someone that belongs to a bow hunting club would assume they have the authority to tell someone else anything? Any ideas to the insight of this type of thinking?
you think just like me, i think you need to come over to michigan sportsman and give some of your knowledge, not to stir the pot, just to educate

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mideerslayer said:
you think just like me, i think you need to come over to michigan sportsman and give some of your knowledge, not to stir the pot, just to educate
It's hard to teach or give an education when the audience doesn't want to listen. Already learned that from those kind of boys. Been playing for awhile and my tolerance level is very low right now, obviously. I'm in need of a vacation.
Kinda why I was not real tolerant of our weekend visitors, as I came here for a mini vacation from the fight, looking for comfort, openess, and acception. Didn't get it. That mess robbed my peace and tranquility, and gave me bad Ju-ju for a few days. Makes me want to build a Mojo bag. Maybe a hoodoo doll and hang it by it's toes. Hmm?

If I go kill a few hogs, I'll be regenerated. Grand baby leaves in a few weeks to go back to school, so I'm hanging in there for now. He talks too much to sit with me, and he's scared to death of hogs after he saw my leg when I was cut. He runs them off when they get too close, by talking loudly on purpose.
Grandpa is not happy taking him either! That's bad when grandpa's had it.

I'd rather work with little boys and girls, or women. Women are naturals at everything they want to learn and try. Men tend not to want to learn from a woman, especially when they are grouped up. With no one else looking, it's all good. I can teach anyone-almost. I have a regular mentally challenged hunter. Can't do it sometimes. :confused:

·
665 Posts
guide Girl

Fair enough, I will just continue to listen and read your post on here I will learn Alot

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mideerslayer said:
guide Girl

Fair enough, I will just continue to listen and read your post on here I will learn Alot
You're alright. You know that? I don't care what Terry Williams thinks! LMAO

·
665 Posts
Guide Girl said:
You're alright. You know that? I don't care what Terry Williams thinks! LMAO
well sometimes my wife tell's me Im not right, but i told here before we got married that im a hillbilly and part time red neck:)

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mideerslayer said:
well sometimes my wife tell's me Im not right, but i told here before we got married that im a hillbilly and part time red neck:)
Better listen to mama. After all, us women are ALWAYS right! I agree. I'm F/T hill billy and P/T redneck though. "He thinks my tractors sexy." Actually, Right now I'm just taking a break from the tractor. Had a tree go down last week and landed on my pretty plants so had to move it. Papa works too hard on the jobsite, so Mamas got to take care of the home front. Always. He's a lucky man I can do everything myself. Plumbing tomorrow. %$*#@! Have a break in the line of the pump house. Did electrical repairs last week on outdoor lighting.

·
287 Posts
I support anyones right to choose whatever LEGAL weapon or method of hunting.This year I will hunt with Vert bow,x bow,3 kinds of muzzleloader,shotgun,2 kinds of centerfire rifle and maybe a spear for hog.
I wish other hunters would support my choice as well.
We should all be brothers and sisters and have eachothers back.
I feel sorry for folks who believe their way is the only way but I know they will always be there and I will still support them

·
342 Posts
saxman said:
I support anyones right to choose whatever LEGAL weapon or method of hunting.This year I will hunt with Vert bow,x bow,3 kinds of muzzleloader,shotgun,2 kinds of centerfire rifle and maybe a spear for hog.
I wish other hunters would support my choice as well.
We should all be brothers and sisters and have eachothers back.
I feel sorry for folks who believe their way is the only way but I know they will always be there and I will still support them
This is well said...the people that think different are called "elitist"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts