Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered this bow last night; my first cross-bow, but a long-time vertical archer. Never shot one either. Only comes with 2 22" Headhunter bolts. Do most guys just buy the 5 packs from Barnett or Bulk Chinese off eBay, or get Jerry from South Shore to build, or ???? What size shafts do I need, and just half moon nocks? Are you guys running standard 100 grain target tips, what is the diameter? Thanks, James

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Barnett Head hunters are decent, older modles. Not sure about what comes with the Xbow you are shooting.

FYI: no need for custom arrows IMO. Not anymore. Bloodsports both Hunters and Witness +/- .003 are bullseye accurate if executed by the shooter at 100 yards. That's legit. Just check out 100 yard BloodSport challenge or my 100 yard Hawke vs SigSauer Red Dot challenge post in general forum. Pics included. My arrows at 100 yards were BloodSports Witness. BS Hunters can be purchased at $30 for a box of six and BS Witness at $35.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Plano owns barnett and bloodsport now. The head hunters and the bloodsport hunters both weigh the same. I suspect they are the same arrow now . I have both and they shoot groups together. If buying the bloodsports can be purchased on amazon with free delivery. Hunter 300 gn $29.00 for 6, witness $36.00 325gn.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I bought Black Eagle Zombie Slayer .001" and regular ol Barnett Headhunters. Both perform well out to 50 yards.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Barnett recommends 1/2 moon nocks. I find this to my advantage as I can add
another top layer of serving which protects the factory serving.
All the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts