Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What broadhead will you be shooting this hunting season?
There has never been such a wonderful selection of broadheads available as of now..

·
342 Posts
Magnus Snuffers 100's & 125's, and sometimes I shoot NAP Spitfire 125 Mechanicals.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Broadheads

I wont argue with sucess,Nap Spitfire 125!

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
100 gr Slick Trick mags, to get a flatter trajectory. Flies like my fieldpoint, sting very nastily.

·
665 Posts
Cossack said:
100 gr Slick Trick mags, to get a flatter trajectory. Flies like my fieldpoint, sting very nastily.
I used them when I was shooting a compound and they flew great. I also used magnus stingers. What about rage 2 blade, would those work out of a x-bow?

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
MUZZY 125 4 blade for everything.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Missle Spikes?? Heck I thought I was the only person who remembered those.:cheers2:

Last year I shot and killed a nice deer with a Bodkin BH and also with a very early Howard Hill broadhead.

Been shooting and tuning some arrows with the original Bear Razor heads. Might hunt with those just for old times memories.

After all the years of bowhunting I can honestly say that I never have found a broadhead that failed to kill the deer or other critter I was hunting. To me, the real key is only taking a high percentage of success shot and being able to hit extremely close to where you are aiming!

·
Banned
258 Posts
And keeping them razor sharp is important to,love them ol Bear
broadheads!:)

·
163 Posts
NAP 125 spitfires for me. I was skeptical of mechanicals until my Son convinced me to try the spitfires. 5 deer. No problems. Same POI as target points. (150# xbow)

·
Banned
364 Posts
Hey Bill
That's one fine looking Golden you have there, Has to be a great buddy!! :)

I lost my Golden this last fall to old age complications! Down to two labs now and they're old and shitty like me!

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
DaGriz said:
Hey Bill
That's one fine looking Golden you have there, Has to be a great buddy!! :)

I lost my Golden this last fall to old age complications! Down to two labs now and they're old and shitty like me!
You are too funny DaGrizz!

·
211 Posts
although I havent had the time to shoot them yet I went with spitfires for my crossbow
I was pretty torn between the spitfires and slick tricks but chose the spitfires for a couple(and pretty small) reasons, the accuracy claims between the two seem to be just as good so that wasnt really a deciding factor,but the spitfires bigger cutting dia was.... I'm still going to pick up some slick tricks and test them out, so who knows whats going to be for sure, but as it stands now the broadheads I plan on using are my spitfires

·
242 Posts
I'll be using Zwickey Eskimo 2 blade BHs again this year. The're cheap ($3 each), fly better than I shoot, and you can't kill 'em, I've tried.

·
41 Posts
If I get to hunt with a x-bow this year I will be using 100 gr. spitfires on whitetails. If I am stuck trying to "kill" my morrell super duper target then it wil be 100 gr fieldpoints:D

·
42 Posts
You'll have to forgive my ignorance, not having shot Broadheads before. Do they make any differance to how the bolt flys? I've always assumed, perhaps wrongly that the blades would effect how true the bolt flys compared to field points.

It's purely a question out of interest as I've no need to use them myself (hunting being illegal here), although I am tempted to get a couple just for the experience of shooting them.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts