Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all the scorpyd owners, I will be receiving a Nemesis in a few days and wanted to know what I can expect, what to look out for or whatever info you would like to share would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
IIRC there were problems with this model and it did not last long in Scorpyd's line up.
Have you googled Scorpyd Nemesis problems?
Maybe it was only the higher fps model and the 420 will be trouble free?

·
Registered
274 Posts
You are correct. I was educated on problems with 480 before I purchased the 420. Serving wear and rail bowing was what I was told on 480. Not so on 420. Shame but bad name Nemesis got seemed to be across the board. Lube rail lightly n use black lightning on serving rubbed in good sparingly n I promise you on the 420 you'll shoot a long long time with no problems. I have no personal experience with the 480. Just what I was told. On the 420 I have a great deal of experience. If my back wasn't so wrecked I'd still have mine!

·
Premium Member
5,848 Posts
Don’t know how many 420’s are out there; everyone chasing the big speed. The 480 was a string eater. Some had good luck fixing others did not; scorpyd was in denial was the word on the street.

420’s seem bullet proof.
Mine went North and got fixed, LOL.

Reactions: Ironminer

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Made a little time this morning got about 20 shots in and had it close to perfect after dialing the scope in out to 50yds, no signs of wear on serving, trigger is really nice!!!!! havent chrono it yet really no need to its fast enough, took me a minute to figure out the best way hook the sled on the string, liken it so far, may end up getting ride of one of my CP400s and thats saying a lot, did I say I really like the trigger

·
Premium Member
5,848 Posts
Made a little time this morning got about 20 shots in and had it close to perfect after dialing the scope in out to 50yds, no signs of wear on serving, trigger is really nice!!!!! havent chrono it yet really no need to its fast enough, took me a minute to figure out the best way hook the sled on the string, liken it so far, may end up getting ride of one of my CP400s and thats saying a lot, did I say I really like the trigger
Hard to beat a Scorpyd trigger!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts