Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well what’s the best option for under 400$ I bought a Barnett whitetail hunter STR but it had some issues with the rail.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
What crossbows perform well and have good accuracy, speed, range, and trigger pull that would be best for hunting.
KI Ripper 415 meets those criteria.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What crossbows perform well and have good accuracy, speed, range, and trigger pull that would be best for hunting.
A source out there in the US still has some BN Carbon Express Piledriver 390s, with crank, for way under your stated budget. That’s a smoking Xbow, with a crank, for that price. Positive Reviews on YT are many.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’m really liking my Barnett Explorer xp400. Got it on sale for $349, the trigger is great, and it’s fast. Scope sucks, but upgrades can be had cheap.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Carbon Express 390 Pile Driver. If you do not need the crank cocking device, the Rocky Mountain 405.
The Rocky Mountain series is just rebranded Carbon Express with a few changes. Many parts are interchangeable.
Check Feradyne website. String and cables for the Carbon Express 390 Pile Driver, the Rocky Mountain 405 and
the Rocky Mountain 415 are all interchangeable. These crossbows are built in Taiwan with a dealer in the U.S and Canada.
All these crossbow speeds were advertised using a 380 grain arrow-point combination. I recommend a heavier arrow-
point combination as it is easier on the limbs even if it slows the crossbow down a bit.

As for Killer Instinct, even though they supposedly offer good warranty and service, they have a severe limb problem.
Check out pictures submitted on this forum or go to their forum on Face Book. Lots of pictures there. If they solve that
problem, they will have a good crossbow.

Stay away from crossbows that require proprietory arrows. These are hard to come by and pretty expensive.

Most of the crossbow scopes appear to be lower quality. My personal thought is the crossbow has too much recoil
from a couple scopes I tried.

Wishing you all the best with what ever you choose.
Take care.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
What crossbows perform well and have good accuracy, speed, range, and trigger pull
There may be some or none. Thats a super lazy question.
Nobody has any info on what you consider to be a norm, in what you are asking.
Anyone who answers is a pawn. Your question cannot be answered as stated.

Try asking specifics if you want a honest answer.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
the 415 center point Amp with a Rich Johnson trigger job

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
5 of my friends had the ripper, all had broken limbs within months.
Which is why I bought it ...covered with lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Check my video out to see how the Ripper does for me!

Reactions: TomOnTheRun
1 - 20 of 42 Posts