Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
Excalibur Vortex, Excalibur Matrix 355
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With deer season right around the corner what crossbow will you be taking in the woods this season? I’ll be using my Excalibur Matrix 355 shooting 18” Black Eagle Executioners with 125 grain muzzy 3 blade broadheads (and of course I have my Excalibur Vortex dialed in and ready to go as well, was my primary last season)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
View attachment 204973
R29x, Burris oracle X, Black eagle dragon claws with swat Moabs ready to go for the season for me and a R20 setup the same way For a backup.
My buddy has the R26 those are sweet crossbows good luck this season and sweet setup!

Reactions: Bent_Limb and WWB

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
SWAT X1, shooting probably BEE'S for hunting, saving the Tapps for target, truglo titanium X heads, sitting on top will be a Sig BDX.

Sharing time with the X1 will be my XP shooting tapps and truglo heads with a Vortex crossfire 2 3-9x40 on an HHA.

Cloud Sky Plant Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SWAT X1, shooting probably BEE'S for hunting, saving the Tapps for target, truglo titanium X heads, sitting on top will be a Sig BDX.

Sharing time with the X1 will be my XP shooting tapps and truglo heads with a Vortex crossfire 2 3-9x40 on an HHA.

View attachment 204974
Awesome picture and awesome setup good luck this season!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I like tried and true. Good for the confidence. My primary will be the good old Excalibur Matrix 330 shooting 20" XX75 2216s with a Rage Hypodermic 125.

Vertebrate Leaf Wood Organism Bicycle handlebar

If I feel like a change of pace the AP Wildfire with 21" XX75 2219s tipped with 3 blade Muzzy 125s will fill in nicely.

Trophy hunting Plant Hunting Deer hunting Elk

Both bows are proven in the field, tiugh as nails, and consistent enough with broadheads my last 9 spring turkeys were taken with head or neck shots.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jerry, I have the Middleton version of your 355, the 355 SS. Ive shot it the last few summers for 3d, then hunt in the fall. I also have a hybrid 380 with matrix limbs, and a Scorpyd DS 380. I shoot the 355 best though.
I picked the 355 up last year in a trade it was barely used and in mint condition, I upgraded the trigger to the Excalibur ACP trigger and its a real shooter, I love my old trusty vortex as well I had boo do the trigger on that and am using his Flemish strings and am very impressed with his work, the more time I spend with the Matrix the more I fall in love with it this might be my favorite hunting crossbow I’ve ever owned and I’ve owned quite a few crossbows lol. Is Middleton still in business? Not many other recurve companies you hear about

·
Registered
2,766 Posts

View attachment 204974
I absolutely love that view. I could sit there forever.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like tried and true. Good for the confidence. My primary will be the good old Excalibur Matrix 330 shooting 20" XX75 2216s with a Rage Hypodermic 125.

View attachment 204975

If I feel like a change of pace the AP Wildfire with 21" XX75 2219s tipped with 3 blade Muzzy 125s will fill in nicely.

View attachment 204976

Both bows are proven in the field, tiugh as nails, and consistent enough with broadheads my last 9 spring turkeys were taken with head or neck shots.
Nice bucks! Tough as nails is why I use Excalibur! I’ve owned several different crossbows from several different manufacturers and I’ve never had the confidence in them that I do my Excalibur’s. Here’s my buck from last season with my trusty old Vortex!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Nice bucks! Tough as nails is why I use Excalibur! I’ve owned several different crossbows from several different manufacturers and I’ve never had the confidence in them that I do my Excalibur’s. Here’s my buck from last season with my trusty old Vortex! View attachment 204978
Nice solid 10 point. My AP Wildfire is an import clone of the old longlimbed Excal Vortex. They are sweet shooters.

Reactions: JerryRigged

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice solid 10 point. My AP Wildfire is an import clone of the old longlimbed Excal Vortex. They are sweet shooters.
Thank you! Sounds like we have pretty similar setups haha! Good luck to you this season!

Reactions: Old Vet
1 - 20 of 132 Posts