Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serviced the strings/cables with Trident Silicon and started my shot log for the new strings/cables. These were shots 19, 20 and 21 today. 33 yards, standing offhand shots with sling. I took these three and just hung it for the day lol.

KI Swat X1 with 33y zero
Vortex Viper XBR @2.5X
Black Eagle Executioners with field points, ~426gr
Fairly consistent 5-10mph tail wind

Plant Tire Tree Automotive tire Wheel

Road surface Asphalt Grass Art Tints and shades

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
That’s some good shootin.
It’s 100 degrees in Louisiana today so I just looked at my X1 hanging on her hook and longed for cooler weather.🥵

Reactions: *Jay*

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s some good shootin.
It’s 100 degrees in Louisiana today so I just looked at my X1 hanging on her hook and longed for cooler weather.🥵
I hear ya, 85 and muggy AF today. Had to let the rig sit in the garage to clear the glass, basement is ~64 degrees and a constant 50% humidity.

·
Registered
15,995 Posts
No KI BUT.....I thought about shooting. That's all I did was think about it though. It's HOT in Ga!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 226276
View attachment 226274
View attachment 226275
We shot a 3D match at Oneida Bowhunters outside of Butler, Pa. They are a great group of people and always set a fun course. Shot 15 up on 30 targets. Hope to improve for the rest of the season. I didn’t get any X-1 action photos today.
Very cool, plan on getting the kiddo into archery. Shes gonna be 6 soon and cant wait, just have to find the right gear to start her out with.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
58 Posts
How does it shoulder when off hand??? Not sure if its any heavier than a Vortex Viper XBR but it sure looks like it could be. What glass did it replace and what would you say this does better for you???
I replace the stock scope that came with the X1. The bow now comes in at 9.3 pounds so roughly 1 pound heavier. than with the stock scope. It does move the center of balance a little more forward but nothing bad. I don't like front heavy crossbows and with the Oracle X on the X1 its still comfortable for me. What it does for me , is what the scope is designed to do. Gives me an accurate range and adjust one point of aim to that distance. I have trouble in the heat of the moment to select the right POI in the reticle on conventional crossbow scopes.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Over the last 2 days I have ruled out any flyer arrows in my quiver, all are true. Also verified that I have no POI shift when changing zoom levels on my Vortex Viper XBR. Gonna be grabbing some illuminated nocks soon, any suggestions??? Will be hunting with the Black Eagle Executioners, 100 grain 1 3/16" Tooth of the Arrow solid broad heads and some sort of illuminated nock. Once I get the nocks I will weigh the new arrows and verify my zero.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Clean-Shot Archery Nock Out Crossbow Flat Nock (Pack of 3) https://a.co/d/gUfesBT

These shot very well out of my X1 and the $ is reasonable. Their durability isn’t the greatest but they’re inexpensive compared to many lighted nocks.

I have a thread on here somewhere with a video of me shooting these nocks out of my X1.

Reactions: *Jay* and Zakker

·
Registered
806 Posts
Clean-Shot Archery Nock Out Crossbow Flat Nock (Pack of 3) https://a.co/d/gUfesBT

These shot very well out of my X1 and the $ is reasonable. Their durability isn’t the greatest but they’re inexpensive compared to many lighted nocks.

I have a thread on here somewhere with a video of me shooting these nocks out of my X1.
Great nocks, they have their assembly failures every once in awhile . The adhesive seems to want to separate on a few, no big deal. Nock comes off led...They still work great .

When if/ it happens , call them, they will MORE than take care of the issue. I, personally , have had great experience with company.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)

Do you use these or the Nock Out Contender??? The link is for the regular ones and they suggest the Contender for over 350fps. Gonna pick up a few and try them out, thanks for the heads up!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Managed to smash an arrow at 90yds trying to fine tune the scope. Shot the wrong dot as I didn't want to group them and saw something orange fly away when i hit the target. was hoping it was fletching, sadly it was the nock and the shaft was split on one side. can't complain was my own fault as I mixed up the dots I was shooting at, talking with a buddy at the same time and working with a holdover as the reticle's don't lineup, complete fluke. . 2-3inch group sure if I am having a good day. This lumix is driving me nuts though, the dots cover up the target anywhere past 60-70 yds it seems, hat having to holdover or adjust the speed ring about 20fps slower to hit everything past 60yds (although it still doesn't seem to line up there either)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts