Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Boxed my X1 up and sent her back to KI, theyre gonna give it a once over. They wanted to look at it since the new string I just had put on had the serving come loose and unravel.

·
6,393 Posts
Managed to smash an arrow at 90yds trying to fine tune the scope. Shot the wrong dot as I didn't want to group them and saw something orange fly away when i hit the target. was hoping it was fletching, sadly it was the nock and the shaft was split on one side. can't complain was my own fault as I mixed up the dots I was shooting at, talking with a buddy at the same time and working with a holdover as the reticle's don't lineup, complete fluke. . 2-3inch group sure if I am having a good day. This lumix is driving me nuts though, the dots cover up the target anywhere past 60-70 yds it seems, hat having to holdover or adjust the speed ring about 20fps slower to hit everything past 60yds (although it still doesn't seem to line up there either)
If you’re looking for a traditional crossbow scope that has ALL the bases covered, especially for an X1, the new KI MV 36 is likely the best scope. It has a comparatively small size, small perfectly spaced aim points out to 150 yards, very good glass, illumination that will dim way down, a perfect speed ring, locking at that, and for only $229.99.
It’s only true competition that I see is the much heavier XBR with it’s greater user complexity. The XBR has a learning curve whereas the MV 36 is dirt simple. The older I get, the simpler I get.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My X1 showed back up this morning, looks like they replaced the limbs, strings, cables and foot stirrup. Their paperwork states there was an issue with both limb sets but didnt go into detail. I couldnt find anything wrong with them before I sent it off but she was flinging arrows quite consistently.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I’ve been fletching up some new 19.5 inch Spynal Tapps with Heat vanes and Arc nocks.
They’re weighing about 334 grains w/o point.
Also been working on possibility of making a custom yardage tape for my HHA Tetra Optimizer.
I’ve made it out to 80 yards so far.

80 yard group with the Tapps.

Textile Font Grey Handwriting Wall

Yes, I know better than to shoot at the same dot but I just couldn’t resist. :rolleyes: :D Luckily all it cost me was one vane shot off one of my new arrows.
Hope to stretch on out to 100+ in the next day or two.
Heat index well above 110 ‘round here lately.🥵

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I’ve been fletching up some new 19.5 inch Spynal Tapps with Heat vanes and Arc nocks.
They’re weighing about 334 grains w/o point.
Also been working on possibility of making a custom yardage tape for my HHA Tetra Optimizer.
I’ve made it out to 80 yards so far.

80 yard group with the Tapps.

View attachment 227508
Yes, I know better than to shoot at the same dot but I just couldn’t resist. :rolleyes: :D Luckily all it cost me was one vane shot off one of my new arrows.
Hope to stretch on out to 100+ in the next day or two.
Heat index well above 110 ‘round here lately.🥵
Very nice, how were you setup for those shots???

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Very nice, how were you setup for those shots???
I shoot off a Bog Deathgrip tripod. It’s not bench rest steady but it’s close. My wife let’s me put my tripod up on “her” porch but I’m afraid a bench rest is out of the question . :ROFLMAO:
I shoot from the back porch because it’s shaded and under a ceiling fan.:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Got my X1 set back up and out for a few shots. XBR, sling and quiver mount went back on, strings, cams and cables serviced (SEW method). Scope was only 4 clicks off (2 down, 2 left) and all is back to normal. After shooting my M370 for a few days this thing is ridiculous accurate but that may be glass/arrow related (Black Eagle Executioners/XBR vs Carbon PRO 400s/Lumix Speed ring). Cant say its new vs old string/cable related since they both have brand new sets. Still havent gotten around to setting up some BEE's with Alpha HP nocks yet, I expect that to make a difference in accuracy for the M370.

·
5,233 Posts
Got my X1 set back up and out for a few shots. XBR, sling and quiver mount went back on, strings, cams and cables serviced (SEW method). Scope was only 4 clicks off (2 down, 2 left) and all is back to normal. After shooting my M370 for a few days this thing is ridiculous accurate but that may be glass/arrow related (Black Eagle Executioners/XBR vs Carbon PRO 400s/Lumix Speed ring). Cant say its new vs old string/cable related since they both have brand new sets. Still havent gotten around to setting up some BEE's with Alpha HP nocks yet, I expect that to make a difference in accuracy for the M370.
How do you like the XBR on the X1? How much does the combo weigh? Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Serviced the strings/cables with Trident Silicon and started my shot log for the new strings/cables. These were shots 19, 20 and 21 today. 33 yards, standing offhand shots with sling. I took these three and just hung it for the day lol.

KI Swat X1 with 33y zero
Vortex Viper XBR @2.5X
Black Eagle Executioners with field points, ~426gr
Fairly consistent 5-10mph tail wind

View attachment 226220

View attachment 226221
Serviced the strings/cables with Trident Silicon and started my shot log for the new strings/cables. These were shots 19, 20 and 21 today. 33 yards, standing offhand shots with sling. I took these three and just hung it for the day lol.

KI Swat X1 with 33y zero
Vortex Viper XBR @2.5X
Black Eagle Executioners with field points, ~426gr
Fairly consistent 5-10mph tail wind

View attachment 226220

View attachment 226221
Decided I would take my KI 415 Ripper in for its 3 year inspection. Bow has been perfect since I bought it despite it's negative reviews. When I picked it up low and behold found a huge splinter on back of limb (they are really sharp, ask me how I know). It's just been sitting for awhile in the ac so I'm not sure when it splintered. I called KI this morning and talked to a lady (Dawn maybe?) about warranty repair work. She checked paper work and addresses and then she said she would be putting new limbs in the mail. It had to be the easiest warranty claim I have ever made. Kudos to KI for their customer service. From reading some of the reviews its not uncommon for KI.

·
Registered
26 Posts
jceagle1974: thank fully you found the problem before hunting season.
Happy to hear you are getting good service. Thanks for sharing.
Take care.
Thanks. It's nice to be able to acknowledge a large company that takes care of its customers. To many times all you get to read is the negative comments. It is also nice to know that it'll be repaired for the season but I always have my Excaliber Mag 340 waiting in the wings.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks. It's nice to be able to acknowledge a large company that takes care of its customers. To many times all you get to read is the negative comments. It is also nice to know that it'll be repaired for the season but I always have my Excaliber Mag 340 waiting in the wings.
Kudos to KI taken care of that for you
I recently noticed some minor wear on the cables at the cams on my X1 (purchased it 4/22 had about 150 shots or so on it ) I called them up ( Late Mon.) and left a message for them to call me back. Very next day ( Tues. morning) one of the repair techs called me back and I explained the cable fraying issue around the cams. He wanted me to send it in for repair. I asked him while they had the bow if they could look at the limbs bc I had suspected a slightly weak limb on the left side (1/16 inch difference side to side). Wasn't a big deal to me bc the bow was shooting lights out, I just wanted them to look at it and tell me their thoughts. Before we hung up he wanted to replace all s/c, cams, and limbs without any hesitation.....NONE. The beauty of it was I shipped it from Missouri to them on a Tue., I had it back the following Mon. in my hands 6 days later! ...... As long as this is the way they do business, they have a life long customer in me.

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
Good to hear again the CS was great for you. When somebody doesnt get such service the company gets clobbered with negativity and most of the time it isnt their fault. Glad every thing worked out for you.:)

Reactions: robertyb and SEW

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good to hear again the CS was great for you. When somebody doesnt get such service the company gets clobbered with negativity and most of the time it isnt their fault. Glad every thing worked out for you.:)
You know you really touched off a good point. Theres nothing wrong with folks picking the brains of other folks on line when they may have an issue with a product, thats just simply trying to get/find answers. But I would caution about piling on a company before the facts are in. Otherwise it would be like you being proclaimed guilty of something before you get your day in court, just wouldn't be fair. The Lord cautions us against bearing false witness against one another that includes companies. Companies are people, those people make a living working for them, and they have families that depend on them and their income from that company. Most companies I have ever dealt with when I have an issue with their product are most of the time very accommodating, give them a chance first. I would also encourage anyone who feels like they been treated on or above whats fair to speak out and let folks know about it. Just my 2 cents.......

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
swapped out the scope for the new mv-36 with extra high rings (huge difference for me) on the Swat, changed out the front stirrup to the fixed one (way better), and put arc nocks into my shafts. Heading to the range tonight for a bit of a break from everything going on with the move, new job, etc
Sounds like you got it set up good!

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
My bows (not KI) are hitting dots with fieldpoints out to 45 yards,.l My season opens Sept 10th and I still need to shoot broadheads. I'll get around to it way before the seaon opens. :Lately, and in the near future, I'm planting food plots. Got alot to do before the season opens but I just gotta stay focused and it'll all come together.;):)

Reactions: One eyed archer

·
1,291 Posts
The X1 surely is a compact arrow stacking machine. Very well designed. And if they can get the limbs sorted for this bow, surely the bow of the century. By the way, I don't think the limb problems are as bad as reported on social media.

JH HUNTER

21 - 40 of 42 Posts