Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
211 Posts
I dont use an on bow quiver, I run a hip quiver attached to my fanny pack, on bow quivers are too awkward and get in the way to much for my taste

·
115 Posts
I make my own quivers that stick in the ground. They work great for both practice and for hunting. I also make a base that the quiver can mate tt so it can be used on a hard surface like concrete or wood. I am working on an attachment that will clip onto a tree stand to hold it there too.

I plan, IF I can find an abundant supply of the materials I used to make mine, to make and sell these on eBay in Wally's Innovations. I am slow at doing this because I do not have much financial freedom. I fund all of my ideas from my disability check ... or at least what I can squeeze out of it after survival requirements.

It's sort of hell having ideas and no capital to work with.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Don't use one for paractice. Made a arrow holder out of 6'' plastic drain tubing and wooden base. It holds several dozen arrows and stands nicely on the table of my deck from which I shoot.
I take the quiver off when hunting from a stand. I hot-glued a screw hook (modified into a L shape) to a spare quiver bracket. Turn that into the tree or stand wood and hang the quiver, string cocker from that. Makes arrows handy and bow more manageable without worrying about making noise by hitting the quiver on stand.

·
11,435 Posts
I have an approach to quivers that

makes sense to me:D For hunting equipment I always try to keep the number of pieces to a minimum. A quiver mounted ON my crossbow becomes part of the crossbow so I never have to "fiddle fart" around with a loose quiver. I mount the quiver on my crossbow and it never comes off and that applies to practice, 3D tounaments and hunting. This is an area where you'll be hard pressed to get an agreement from the majority of folks so just experiment and see what you like best and do it.;)

Attachments

·
Banned
364 Posts
I have one question. Does the extra weight of the qiver and mount tend to make the bow lean too much to the right ?

Thinking it would, so do you have to compensate for the off balance situation?????

·
11,435 Posts
No and No :)

I can shoot a group at 70 yards, pull the quiver completely off and POI stays the same. The quiver, in relationship to the crossbow's overall weight, is minimal plus it's very close to the barrel.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Me? If I'm sitting on stand, I carry my quiver in my camera bag with my camera stand. I saved my 4 arrow quiver and take one out and put in in the rail and pop out another one for the next shot to have easy access quickly. Then, pop out an old used arrow from the center for other varmints like coons and oppossums. That way, it's all by feel and not sight to grab another arrow. My hunting partner carries two full quivers that way. If I'm walking and stalking, I wear a hip quiver.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Quiver goes off the xbow as soon as I can get it off. I have a modified (shortened) Simmons Bushmaster I use sometimes if I'm packing in with the ground blind and the Wild Thing pack. I'm using the same thing MK uses on his xbows for a mount.

·
242 Posts
I do a lot of stalking/still-hunting so I like to keep the quiver on. It keeps everything together for me and I think the side quivers bounce around too much (spook game) when I walk.

·
342 Posts
Mine is always off...use a hip quiver

·
190 Posts
Urban Legend thanks for this thread. I am new to the site and to Xbows. I guess I have the problem of jumping in with both feet since I can't shoot vertical any longer, I have a Bowtech and an Excal inbound to me and can't wait to get both out and start playing. I guess I am that way with everything including my rifles. I am anal about accuracy..its a curse...what an I say. Thanks again and looking forward to hunting this fall finally.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
What?

As soon as I get in my blind or Tree stand the quiver comes off.:)

·
101 Posts
it goes in the back pack which hangs on the tree to my left side, seeing as how i am right handed. it is also clipped to the tree with a nylon rope, just so it doesn't become a MURPHY ISSUE.:rolleyes:

·
1,223 Posts
Mine stays in the original box hiding from the light.
If I've tossed the original box...the quiver goes into a drawer in a big oak desk I have...along with a few other boxless quivers....hardly ever...to see the light of day.

Mike

1 - 20 of 28 Posts