Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yeah, here in Florida if you are 65 all you need is a drivers license, or really just ID. But, then the brain naturally figure the extra money you save on licenses can go to so other stuff....

..... there goes my air gun disease.....Who pays $700 for an air gun? And then you gotta have a compressor, and a scuba tank and a pistol and another rifle and upgrades to all that stuff and $100 for yearly range fee and of course you keep 5000 pellets on hand because, dang, you go through them so fast....and THEN those jerkwad manufacturers come out with a fully automatic 30 cal air rifle for only $900! I'd be a fool not to buy one!......

Lucky I am not in family court sitting next to Vital Limits.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just think about all the African hunters that don't even eat the meat. Good for the locals, but I can't imagine spending $30k just to have a picture or mount.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah, here in Florida if you are 65 all you need is a drivers license, or really just ID. But, then the brain naturally figure the extra money you save on licenses can go to so other stuff....

..... there goes my air gun disease.....Who pays $700 for an air gun? And then you gotta have a compressor, and a scuba tank and a pistol and another rifle and upgrades to all that stuff and $100 for yearly range fee and of course you keep 5000 pellets on hand because, dang, you go through them so fast....and THEN those jerkwad manufacturers come out with a fully automatic 30 cal air rifle for only $900! I'd be a fool not to buy one!......

Lucky I am not in family court sitting next to Vital Limits.
Oh jeez! Not another air head! LOL
Yeah... I got that bug and as cheap as it sounded... I was buying a $500+ Diana piston model within a month!
And away I go! LOL

Reactions: Elno Lewis

·
Registered
394 Posts
There is no hope us, Mr. Lever. Have you seen that Sig Sauer blow back pistol? Bad Ass. I mean, I have two hands so therefore I need two pistols. Right? Tell me I am right!

Guess it will be you, me and vital limits sitting on that bench at Family Court

·
Registered
46 Posts
I gave up trying to keep track years ago, Lever Action....It's a hobby.
With that being said, I bounced a $ 15.00 arrow, that had a Bishop Holy Trinity broadhead on it, off of the frame of my blind window a couple of weeks ago...shooting at a VARMINT. SMH! o_O Hopefully I'll find it this winter. That will cost me a few more hours and drive up my cost per pound...LOL

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
There is no hope us, Mr. Lever. Have you seen that Sig Sauer blow back pistol? Bad Ass. I mean, I have two hands so therefore I need two pistols. Right? Tell me I am right!

Guess it will be you, me and vital limits sitting on that bench at Family Court
No and I dont even need to know. LOL

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I gave up trying to keep track years ago, Lever Action....It's a hobby.
With that being said, I bounced a $ 15.00 arrow, that had a Bishop Holy Trinity broadhead on it, off of the frame of my blind window a couple of weeks ago...shooting at a VARMINT. SMH! o_O Hopefully I'll find it this winter. That will cost me a few more hours and drive up my cost per pound...LOL
Yikes! Get out the metal detector!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Surf-n-Turf Southern style. Venison backstrap and fresh caught spiny lobster on the grill. Easily the most expensive meal I have ever eaten! Especially when I consider rental house in the Keys, fuel hauling the boat down and back, fuel for the boat, deer lease, etc. Probably well over a thousand dollars a plate. Worth every penny!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I prefer to think of it as dollars/hr to collect organic free range protein while enjoying life. First year crossbow hunter here, so everything is new. Ravin R10, 4 packs of Broadheads, SpyderWeb target, tree stand, various licenses for Maryland public land, etc. Let’s say $2,500. So far I’ve spent about 80 hours hunting, 20 or so hours practicing, 40 hours on CBN, YouTube, etc. call it 140 hours. That’s $17.86 per hour and it only gets cheaper from here. Can’t go to Disneyland that cheaply.

PS: Don’t tell my wife

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't pay any attention to what the meat weighs out. If I want/need something new for hunting and I can afford it I buy it. Out in the timber hunting is a lot better than sitting in a tavern some place. Hunting is a hobby, and what hobby isn't expensive. We may be crazy but it keeps us from going insane.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I do this to myself every year and I always get a laugh out of it. Ever since Jeff Foxworthy explained the cost of venison, I have tallied my costs.
This year (off hand) I would say (between the wife and I) we are near $100 a pound. If she tags out, we could get that to $50 maybe. They would have to be monsters though!

Obviously we dont look at hunting as living off the land but damn! All the same. LOL
It's priceless because in our state it can't be sold. Besides it's about the experience of being involved in nature's best.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh boy, I don't think I even want to think about this loaded question and certainly don't want my wife to see my answer lol. Gave up verticle and went crossbow so a lot. New Swat XP, new Rush 380 for backup, tetra xb and vortex for Swat, 2 dozen bloodsports, a dozen rage hypos, then after being on here a dozen truglo titanium x's, several new trail cams, a new Hawk Sasquatch stand (so comfy). I am sure I am missing a lot but those are the main. Got 2 deer with bow so what 80 to 100 lbs boneless meat maybe. Eek!! Good thing we are not figuring in total cost with all my other stands and cameras etc. Yeesh! Spent 26.99 for a box of shells today, shot rifle 4 times and ready for next weekend. That just seems so boring. I dont golf so I guess I need something to spend my hard earned money on lol. You know what I love it and that is all that truly matters!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Yeah but i had a $1000 a pound worth of fun :).
I can't even estimate what I have spent on this hobby. I tried and come up $23 per lb but I have held off on several doe. I plan to drive that cost down soon. 😆 LOL!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I do this to myself every year and I always get a laugh out of it. Ever since Jeff Foxworthy explained the cost of venison, I have tallied my costs.
This year (off hand) I would say (between the wife and I) we are near $100 a pound. If she tags out, we could get that to $50 maybe. They would have to be monsters though!

Obviously we dont look at hunting as living off the land but damn! All the same. LOL
never calculate what your toys cost, or the cost to use said toys. life's too short.

·
1,649 Posts
Well let's see license $180.96 plus a deer tag $76.96 plus gas guessing $100 plus a blind $300 broke had to buy another $110 probably $100 in corn $110 to process and cape out and $380 to have him mounted. So i have about $1357.92 thats not counting the bow scope optimizer arrows broadheads and a rangefinder or the blind chair or game cameras.
If we add those were barking at $3500. Think i should add in the 2017 F150. All that money and time wasn't for the meat It was for the smile!

·
483 Posts
Fishing! You are spot on there!
40K for a boat and 10k for stuff to catch a bucket of perch that I could have bought for $30 bucks!
LOL
I am more of a salt water guy. Wife keeps delaying me from getting the boat i want. A used 33 grady express. Fuel alone to fill her up is north of 1k. Boat $ lets just say its way north of 100k. Tackle will be north of 20k. No wonder wife keeps delaying me from getting it. But darn there are tuna n swords out there

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
It's priceless because in our state it can't be sold. Besides it's about the experience of being involved in nature's best.
A guys said the same about sunfish, which he was always fishing for and eating. You cant buy this in stores he says :)
I can buy venison though :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
I wonder if my wife ever looks at me and wonders what my price per pound is????

And, then I wonder why I was stupid enough to get her interested in crossbows. Yesterday she was hitting a target freehand the size of a ping pong ball AT FORTY FREAKING YARDS! She did this several times so I know it was no fluke. After that, I let her walk down first when we pulled. I'll never again let her get behind me at the range!

21 - 40 of 62 Posts