Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thre is a difference between the non hunters and the Anti hunters, but:

Do you think that the most part of the anti hunting community doesn't agree with what we do because of the 1) Media? 2) City Life? 3) No outdoors experience? 4) just don't understand the big picture of hunting and management/conservation? 5) seeing a so called hunter acting in appropriately? 6) They truly believe all animals have the right to live in peace? or 7) a different reason all together?

·
310 Posts
GG,
1) No
2) No
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) Yes

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
What?

1 Yes,2 Yes,3 Yes,4 Yes,5 Yes,and 6 Yes

·
329 Posts
GG,

as i live AMONG the "leftist, PETA, idiots" a good part of the year (near Washington,DC), may i say that their main problem is MOSTLY being "dead between the ears" & IGNORANCE of REAL life.

many think that hamburger/steaks/roasts/chicken/pork just magically appears in the grocery store, convieniently wrapped in plastic!!!

yours, texasnative46

·
11,417 Posts
It's no secret

that the kids coming out of college today have mostly been brainwashed by "professors" that are dangerously close to being totally anti-Amercian and everyting it has stood for over the years. Hunting, guns, bows and crossbows are part of that, among other things that I won't mention for good reason on this forum. And we wonder why hunting in general is frowned upon by so many, mainly uppity Volvo/BMW driving...................you know the type:ack2: Until I retired a few years ago I worked with folks that fit the mold as described above. Some of them were my workplace friends but they had no clue about hunting and nature as we know it and what's so scary about it, when I traveled to Europe I saw what that mentality ultimately leads to. My European friends actually laughed when I first told them I bowhunted. I could see that they thought the idea of hunting, especially with a bow and arrow, was ridiculous. I'm afraid that's where we are headed folks and I can't think of a thing that will change that. My Grandfather said to me as he was telling me one of his turkey hunting stories, a few weeks before he passed away at 93 years old, "son, we've seen the best days". I can't help but think he was right.

·
327 Posts
This is so true in my home state of Massachusetts. The Cambridge and Boston liberals hate guns and crossbows. We had a state legislator (Cheryl Jaques) try to outlaw even owning a crossbow in Massachusetts a few years ago. I laughed thinking the bill would never pass. Man, it was scary to see how the Boston Globe newspaper rallied behind this Moonbat and championed her cause. IT took a lot of hard work and money to defeat this bill and I fear that itll surface again and be successful.

Its been my experience that most anti hunters have no understanding of the art. I refuse to call hunting a sport because its not (IMO). Hunting is an art/skill; harvesting an animal with a bow or a firearm takes skill. Sportsmen hunt for trophies and antlers or mounts; Hunters hunt for meat and use the entire animal and respect the outdoors. Im perhaps painting with a broad brush here and can only form a judgment based on my experiences. Whenever Ive written a hunting column for my club Ive always focused upon the preparation for a hunt and the respect for the outdoors shown by the hunters I associate with. We cherish nature and study it and do our best to educate those around us about our passion.

The liberal media paints us as back woods wannabes with images of Deliverance. They dont address the science of game population control, deer starvation in an unculled herd or any facts of wild life management. The hunter is always a blood thirsty bad guy who simply wants to kill an innocent animal For the fun of it. Politicians in my state have no clue about hunting or the outdoors. They live an isolated life of ignorance sucking of the treat of my tax dollars.

I had a discussion with my neighbor whos an avid anti-hunter. When she found out I was a hunter she began yelling and preaching to me. Instead of yelling back I calmly explained my position and how and why I hunted. We still didnt agree, but she saw my POV and understood my perspective better. I was no longer the blood thirsty savage, I was a person that respected wild life and enjoyed harvesting my own source of healthy, non-hormone injected protein. A few months later my wife and I had her back over for a visit and I even got her to eat some venison roast. She admitted that it was delicious and she appreciated my passion even more. Whenever I encounter antis (and my state is full of em) I always have to take a deep breath and be as friendly as possible. I need to be an ambassador of sorts and give hunters a good name. We are the face of hunting and will be judges by bother the good and the bad we do. Sadly, only the bad ever gets reported.

I too believe that the best days of America are behind is and I weep for my childrens future. I see a land of synthetic processed foods and the ending of hunting and firearm ownership in my lifetime. I wonder when theyll classify crossbows and compound bows as dangerous weapons to be regulated as well or banned all together. They tried once in MA and Im confident theyll try again.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SPARHAWK,
Very well put. I see we have the same mindset. It can be hard to have patience when we are being attacked, but your exactly right on handling the situation. There is a considerable amount of emotion and passion on both sides of this, and we only advance in tolerance by education. It's not easy, and I commend you for your efforts. It's up to us as individuals to take on educating "the others" one anti at a time. I'm proud to be classified in the same group of hunters as you are. Thank you.

·
327 Posts
Guide Girl said:
SPARHAWK,
Very well put. I see we have the same mindset. It can be hard to have patience when we are being attacked, but your exactly right on handling the situation. There is a considerable amount of emotion and passion on both sides of this, and we only advance in tolerance by education. It's not easy, and I commend you for your efforts. It's up to us as individuals to take on educating "the others" one anti at a time. I'm proud to be classified in the same group of hunters as you are. Thank you.
Thank you so much,

It is I who am honored to be among such fine people.

·
163 Posts
I think it is a combination of mostly 4 and partly 6.

The reason I say partly 6 is because as I have aged, I find it more emotionally difficult to kill an animal. However I have always felt that hunting is a natrual part of God's creation.

The remedy for 4 is "take a kid hunting or fishing". We need more participation. One outing can hook a kid for life.

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
I say yes to everything but who am I to guess......theyre ANTI'S and we dont think alike !! :eek: :crazy: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
578 Posts
It's one thing to talk about these issues on a hunting /shooting forum. It's quite another to get out of your easy chair and do something. For me that means that I joined organizations that support my cause. I actually spent real money instead of just flapping my lips. I joined the Wis Crossbow Federation, I am a Benefactor Life Member of the National Rifle Association and I vote both at the polls and with my dollars.

I try to spend money with my friends and try to avoid giving my hard earned dollars to those who would rather change my lifestyle and make what I do illegal.

I will encourage those of similar thinking to please do something instead of just talking about it.

For those that think differently than I, there was a time I would try to convince them that my way was the right way. These days, I don't spend my energy on those people. Life is too short to argue with people and try to convince them that my way is right. I would rather talk to people that are either neutral on the subject or are pro hunters. If I try to set a good example and show people that are neutral that all hunters aren't bubba and get drunk while they hunt and poach. I try to portrait an ethical hunter, who is educated and still choose this lifestyle. Lead by example, and know that you aren't alone. Also know that you can't change everyone's mind on the subject.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts