Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
I use AAE MAXBOND on all my arrows for nocks vanes and inserts. Clean the insert or vane and shaft with 91% alcohol and glue. It is permanent. Shooting Ravins.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I came to realize that epoxy-glued bonds can be undone with heat, similar to hot melt glue.
I screw a larger field tip in, and heat it over a flame. Works best if you don't need to preserve the shaft ... :cool:

·
Crossbow Nut
2,708 Posts
Everybody says they don't need to make changes to their setup, but the reality of getting new bows, new broadheads, etc. changes all that at times. Changes are fast and easy with hot melt and you won't ruin your shaft or lose your insert/point.

·
Vendor
1,484 Posts
I have tried every possible adhesive and with out any doubt there is nothing better than a rubber toughened super glue.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I have tried every possible adhesive and with out any doubt there is nothing better than a rubber toughened super glue.
Super glue huh.lol No thanks. I got tired of singing to myself : My broadheads went over the hill and, through the woods. No fun looking like a googan xbower looking for broadheads.
I make the strongest arrows you can't buy because I had too.
0324131845.jpg

·
Happy Member
5,129 Posts
I only use Jerry’s insert glue and have NEVER had in insert come out! I believe it is a rubberized crazy glue mixture? All I know is that it works and is the best insert glue on the market!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
What does having to look for an arrow in the woods have to do with using super glue?
Well after way too many arrows went into broadhead targets the inserts with the broadheads attached just kept on goin through..........over the hill and through the woods. Can't have that happen with neighbors dogs around. Probably why the OP started this thread too. If your gonna push all your arrows over 430fps you need to up your glue game.
Then I started making my own with 2 part epoxy and, to date it's never happened again.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Well after way too many arrows went into broadhead targets the inserts with the broadheads attached just kept on goin through..........over the hill and through the woods. Can't have that happen with neighbors dogs around. Probably why the OP started this thread too. If your gonna push all your arrows over 430fps you need to up your glue game.
Then I started making my own with 2 part epoxy and, to date it's never happened again.
Aha! Now I see your point. :)

·
Vendor
1,484 Posts
I have shipped close to 3/4s of a million arrows in my career and I can tell you two types of adhesive fail, epoxy and hot melt while its very rare to loose inserts that were installed with super glue

I think the biggest issue is user error

21 - 30 of 30 Posts