Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they fit any or all Mission crossbow models ? Are they all the same size throat dia. ? Do they snap on like a capture nock or fit like half moons ? Are they .300 size ?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Versa_Nock was developed for .300" ID shafts (standard). It can be used with any crossbow that does not require a clip-on. They were developed to provide better string to nock engagement along with alignment. On narrow bows is was proven to extend string serving life due to the geometry. They are press in and can be removed. Six different colors available from Wyvern Creations.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
I've been shooting them now for 3 months and in contrast to typical half-moons, they are a far better design, accuracy is excellent and they are much more forgiving on my xbow strings. I've used them in BEEs and GT Ballistic Pros.

·
Administrator
TP Nitro 505, Vapor 470, Siege, Sub 1 XR
2,113 Posts
Will they work for a CP400? rather then buying the Cp400 nocks and Ravin bushings? Friend of mine wants me to build some arrows for him if can get away with not using the bushings that would be preferable.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Will they work for a CP400? rather then buying the Cp400 nocks and Ravin bushings?
They will with a .300 ID shaft. The trigger box in the CP400 is the same as my Amped and they work like a champ in the Amped. As hard as the CP400 string angle is to deal with, the radius on the Versa's outer shoulders will add some life to the string serving.

Reactions: fly and WWB

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
It's like an Alpha Nock (which was first to come out) but is one piece. Some people do not like the two piece design of the Alpha. You can't have an illuminated Versa but you can have a lighted Alpha.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
It's like an Alpha Nock (which was first to come out) but is one piece. Some people do not like the two piece design of the Alpha. You can't have an illuminated Versa but you can have a lighted Alpha.
It's nothing like an Alpha nock. The projected area for the string seat is flat across the back with smooth tapers for the extreme angle bows. It is also shorter by 50% so that any concentric issues are eliminated and will not "steer" the arrow because the nock is out of alignment with the center line of the shaft. It also has a tapered shoulder from the shaft diameter of .346" to a body diameter of .342" so the nock doesn't make contact with the rail and lift the shaft. All these features provide more accurate POI due to not influencing the arrow performance in itself.

I know the guy that designed and developed this nock. Much time and $ went into the development. A lighted version is in development at this time.

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Garmin Xero
1,870 Posts
Versa is the best nock out there right now IMO. American made in the great state of OH IO! Support American workers who make quality products.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
It's nothing like an Alpha nock. The projected area for the string seat is flat across the back with smooth tapers for the extreme angle bows. It is also shorter by 50% so that any concentric issues are eliminated and will not "steer" the arrow because the nock is out of alignment with the center line of the shaft. It also has a tapered shoulder from the shaft diameter of .346" to a body diameter of .342" so the nock doesn't make contact with the rail and lift the shaft. All these features provide more accurate POI due to not influencing the arrow performance in itself.

I know the guy that designed and developed this nock. Much time and $ went into the development. A lighted version is in development at this time.
Really? Nothing? That's kind of dramatic. It's a modified moon nock which is what an Alpha is. The edges are rounded to accommodate severe string angles. It's not rocket science.

·
6,393 Posts
They are extremely well designed and made! They will work in barreled crossbows but are not the first choice. They perform better on the SWAT and X1 than moon nocks but the Arc nock works better. I do use them on my BD400.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
They are extremely well designed and made! They will work in barreled crossbows but are not the first choice. They perform better on the SWAT and X1 than moon nocks but the Arc nock works better. I do use them on my BD400.
Sew, I agree. The ARC nock does in fact work better in the X1 due to the enclosed barrel. The Versa-Nock was designed for open barrel type bows as in your BD400.

Is the ARC nock patented? Just kidding, it's really none of my business!

Reactions: TomOnTheRun
1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.