Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
So there is a little tolerance on the size? I'm a machinist and .003" can make the difference between fitting and not.
No, the Versa nocks I used in the CenterPunch were sized to fit the .297 ID.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
TX is correct. The Versa-Nocks are machined from .3015" to either .2975 for Center Punch arrows OR .2835" for Easton FMJ's. The Versa-Nock standard is .3015" out of the bag. However once you machine down to the smaller diameter, you are now required to glue them in for the fact you lose the spines for the press-in ability on the standard. The standards swag the spines for the interference fit.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
This may shed a bit more geometry difference in nocks verses the VN.
Grey Automotive design Font Tints and shades Pattern

·
1,156 Posts
The Versa-Nock is a better designed and better shooting version of a moon nock. Look how the string sits evenly and completely down inside the nock.
Gesture Fluid Finger Cable Thumb
Hand tool Tool Wood Metalworking hand tool Screwdriver

·
Registered
535 Posts
The Versa-Nock is a better designed and better shooting version of a moon nock. Look how the string sits evenly and completely down inside the nock.
View attachment 202358 View attachment 202359 View attachment 202358 View attachment 202359
Hi Matt,

Have you changed your fletching choice recently?
Thought you were shooting the AAE Max Stealth vanes that say MAX STEALTH on the side of vanes?
Are those vanes in the pics a different type/length/weight of MAX vane?

·
Registered
535 Posts
TX is correct. The Versa-Nocks are machined from .3015" to either .2975 for Center Punch arrows OR .2835" for Easton FMJ's. The Versa-Nock standard is .3015" out of the bag. However once you machine down to the smaller diameter, you are now required to glue them in for the fact you lose the spines for the press-in ability on the standard. The standards swag the spines for the interference fit.
[/QUO

Hi George,

What diameter of center serving best fits the standard, .3015 Versa Nocks?

·
1,156 Posts
Hi Matt,

Have you changed your fletching choice recently?
Thought you were shooting the AAE Max Stealth vanes that say MAX STEALTH on the side of vanes?
Are those vanes in the pics a different type/length/weight of MAX vane?
That’s the same vane I have been shooting for a few seasons now.

Reactions: Falconer4ever

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
so you are saying if you want versa nocks in a centerpunch arrow they must be glued they will not press fit

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
The standard industry manufactures .300" ID shafts. A few others, Center Punch, GT Nitro's and Easton FMJ's have thicker a wall reducing the ID. Center Punch for example is .297" ID.
Versa-Nocks can be machined for these exceptions and can be made to press fit. There is a small additional cost for the machining time however the molded nock is made for the masses not the special shafts.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
It's the only nock I'll use and like HuntersThompson's short answer, Nocket science.

Completely different nock build vs Alph which does have a center apex on nock to string contact. To optimize string to nock contact one needs a left and right to center nock engagement on discharge. That means you will get more consistency when shooting.

This nock looks nothing special but there has been extensive engineering and and shooting data exhausted into this ballistic grade polymer nock. You can get them at Wyvern's Creations.

·
Registered
137 Posts
How do you go about getting buying them already machined for the CenterPunch arrows?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
same question i have

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Have you contacted Wyvern to see if he has them in stock ready to go yet. If he gets enough calls for them in .297 I bet it happens.....The all mighty dollar still got some pull. 😈

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Send me a PM for specials

Reactions: R. Toker

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Just ordered a couple of dozen Versa nocks from Wyvern to try in my X1 whenever it arrives. Have some Zombie shafts coming for me to index and fletch with Heat vanes. Now if the Dr. would just release me to shoot. (y)

Reactions: R. Toker

·
Registered
535 Posts
Just ordered a couple of dozen Versa nocks from Wyvern to try in my X1 whenever it arrives. Have some Zombie shafts coming for me to index and fletch with Heat vanes. Now if the Dr. would just release me to shoot. (y)
SavedWretch,
I love the Versa-Nock out of my Mission Sub-1. Great accuracy.
However, the few guys that have been test-shooting the X1 seem to prefer the ARC nocks for best accuracy.
Have you got a couple dozen or so ARC nocks, also?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
SavedWretch,
I love the Versa-Nock out of my Mission Sub-1. Great accuracy.
However, the few guys that have been test-shooting the X1 seem to prefer the ARC nocks for best accuracy.
Have you got a couple dozen or so ARC nocks, also?
I’ve been unable to find any ARC nocks. I know they are bmiller’s prefered nock for his X1. As soon as I can find some I plan on buying them.
Honestly I’m not crazy about glued in aluminum nocks but if they’re my best option I’ll use them.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
How much do the Versa nocks weigh?

21 - 40 of 63 Posts