Crossbow Nation banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Garmin Xero
1,375 Posts
Anyone know a good trick for getting the glued in aluminum nocks out of the dragon claw arrows? I have an assortment of versa nocks on hand but the aluminum nocks are glued in my claws.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Anyone know a good trick for getting the glued in aluminum nocks out of the dragon claw arrows? I have an assortment of versa nocks on hand but the aluminum nocks are glued in my claws.
I drill them in my lathe. Send em to me Bob and I'll do em FOC for ya. You pay the usps.

Reactions: Joel11230

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I’ll probably take you up on that, George!! Once I get some free time around here. Thanks

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Another big advantage of the versa nocks over the aluminum is the Versa nocks are press fit. Very easy to install and even remove without a blow torch or a winch. :)

·
4,569 Posts
They are a press fit, but certainly the tightest press fit nock I’ve ever tried. That plus they are quite a bit softer than others. Great nock, but certainly requires care to install and adjust.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I’m able to remove my versa nocks by putting tape around the jaws of a normal wrench and giving a pull. Never had an issue.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
They are a press fit, but certainly the tightest press fit nock I’ve ever tried. That plus they are quite a bit softer than others. Great nock, but certainly requires care to install and adjust.
Hi Joe,
You bet they press tight and were designed to. Why? I hated when I have experienced nocks coming loose and turning after 1/2 dozen shots.
When inserting the nock be sure to press on a tablet of paper, paper back book, just not a hard surface. There is various engineering reasons for the lower hardness in comparison to others. You do get benefits from this material that may not be evident but are present.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I have bought many sets of Dragon Claws that came with flat aluminum nocks. They were tight, but not glued in. I threaded a field tip in, held field tip in bench vise, then pulled on arrow with arrow puller. Pop right out.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
My XR really loves em. Nice shooting TH.

Reactions: TomOnTheRun

·
1,156 Posts

·
Banned
everything isn't for everybody
602 Posts
would the design of these versa nocks be less likely to cause a dry fire by a newbie accidently loading the arrow wrong ?

·
4,569 Posts
would the design of these versa nocks be less likely to cause a dry fire by a newbie accidently loading the arrow wrong ?
With your Barnett, the string slides up over the trigger claws when fired. Something needs to catch the string, or you can get a dry fire. The shape of the Versa is nicer than the typical moon nock, especially for narrow string angle bows. If it is any safer than a moon when loaded wrong, I can’t see how. Still need to align and load correctly so it can catch that string.

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
Jeff, your Barnett ADF is supreme level safe. Half moon or Versa Nocks have no relationship with dry fire with your Barnett.

Accuracy: Versa Nock is a value add. However, don't aim at the same POI. It can be Robin Hood damaging to your arrows. ;)

Reactions: JeffB1961

·
Banned
everything isn't for everybody
602 Posts
thanks folks . i googled illuminated versa nock and didn't find anything . i'll hold off till later in the summer to see if they come to fruition and if not that i'll order a few dozen regulars so i have time to adjust to them befor deer season .

BTW .... what colors do y'all like ? i'm guessing white/yellow might show up better but i don't really know .

take care , jeff .

41 - 60 of 63 Posts