Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Once I find a useable bow quiver set up I will be trying the thorns. It is great to know they are deadly on deer and deadly accurate. Thorne makes accurate blades.
Does that munch mount allow you to use the original quiver bracket? I used some long 1-24 screws and washer nuts with the factory bracket. That bracket has a hole and a slot so I could offset my quiver to miss my Vendetta rangefinder.

I tried using a Scorpyd grip quiver on the left but it puts it way too forward for me.

DSCN2806.JPG

·
Registered
246 Posts
Can you take pictures of how you did that... and also the scorpyd mount? Yours look way better than mine. I keep having the issue of the arrows going in towards the scope. I am trying to put it on the left side top of my bow. I think I messed up the install. But I moved it around in lots of different configurations and I just can get it to do what I want. I think I would like it configured how you have it on the right but I was hoping to put it on the left. I guess I will have to mess with it again. I will take some pictures when I get over there again.

Are you using iron sites on the bow? where do you get those?

Does that munch mount allow you to use the original quiver bracket? I used some long 1-24 screws and washer nuts with the factory bracket. That bracket has a hole and a slot so I could offset my quiver to miss my Vendetta rangefinder.

I tried using a Scorpyd grip quiver on the left but it puts it way to forward for me.

View attachment 187406

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I ended up getting the crank relocate kit from BigBird1 which mounts with it’s own clamp in the rear of the stock, so I didn’t need the one on the mounting plate.

So I removed the mounting plate, rotated it 180º, and replaced the thumb screw with a counter sunk 1/4-28 screw, and turned the head down to fit inside a tactical QR swivel. I got some 4” 10-24 screws, washers, and washer nuts, put a piece of 3/8” hard rubber tubing in the riser hole, and manipulated the screws into the mounting plate (at the bottom) with the quiver bracket on top.

I also was able to get the trigger bracket apart and put a softer spring in t so it wasn’t so damn hard to release the quiver. If you need more pics let me know.

DSCN2787.JPG
DSCN2788.JPG
DSCN2796.JPG

·
Registered
868 Posts
I used to be a “Die Hard Broad Head Junkie”, always searching for the optimum mechanical Broad Head gdesign & pretty much tried them all. That was until I used the SWAT A4’s 5 years ago and now converted from it to the new SWAT X Mag several years ago. All the animals I’ve taken with the SWAT Broad Heads literally went down within 40-50 yards of being shot. These Broad Heads have immense stopping power with ultra short Tracking resulting in immense blood trails. SWAT is extremely accurate and they really do “ Drain Your Game” in spades!!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Rob. He took 4 jumps and fell down in the Clover Field still in Bow Range. I’d say he went 25 yards.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I like the swat xmag. It has same poi as my field points. I have also taken 3 deer with the muzzy hybrid and it also has same poi as field points. I have tested both out to 50 yards and they are dead on. I bought spitfire double cross ,in my opinion they are junk I never even shot them, just shitcanned them.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I like the swat xmag. It has same poi as my field points. I have also taken 3 deer with the muzzy hybrid and it also has same poi as field points. I have tested both out to 50 yards and they are dead on. I bought spitfire double cross ,in my opinion they are junk I never even shot them, just shitcanned them.
Agree 200 percent. I bought a couple of their practice heads for X Mag. They were killing my target So I was at 30 and said I wonder how much different standard field point will be? It hit the same hole! I said no way so I shot three more shots 20/30/40 all in 10 ring! I still say they look like Little Water Heaters with swords inside. But I guess Water Heaters fly pretty straight!!! Love these heads!

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
Rob. He took 4 jumps and fell down in the Clover Field still in Bow Range. I’d say he went 25 yards.
Dang! Every deer I have heart shot took off and ran much farther than they would with a DL shot so I quit taking heart shots.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Shot took out aorta and bottom of lungs. It was like watching a Hunting Video my buddy was at other end of Bean Field in Illinois. He heard the crack when arrow hit and watched the buck take a couple jumps then fall over like hit by a train! His first question was: "What Freaking Broadheads Are You Using!"

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
That's enough to make me want to put one through a deer.

Congrat's on your buck this year!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts