Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As bow seasons will be opening, in the near future, am curious to know what compound or trad bows everyone has or shoots? ;)

·
521 Posts
I shoot the custom Bowman Accu-Riser II.
Jmo, the finest and strongest compound ever made. :D
Here's my target bow but have one in a Gray Leopard hardcoat finish coming for hunting.

Attachments

·
Pennsylvania Crossbow Federation Moderator
810 Posts
I shoot Mathews. I currently have two of them, but I'm thinking about selling them. This crossbow thing has bitten me pretty bad. :D

·
753 Posts
I have shot numerous bows in the past from Yamaha recurves to Ross and Champion compounds.

I AM A CROSSBOW ONLY HUNTER AND PROUD OF IT.

·
438 Posts
In signature.

·
Industry Professional
349 Posts
I shoot a custom longbow built by Rick Ellis at Striker Bows.

I'm having trouble uploading my pic - sorry!

·
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TenPoint Barb, am not able to see the pics, but would like to. :)

Some nice vertical bows you guys have to shoot. ;)

·
60 Posts
TenPoint Barb - Hope this helps...:) KMPTR, I have one of the new Horton Vertical bows...haven't shot it yet though..;)

TenPoint Barb said:
I shoot a custom longbow built by Rick Ellis at Striker Bows.

[/url][/IMG]

·
Industry Professional
349 Posts
Thanks! I appreciate the help!

Barb

·
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Barb, very nice pics. Nice longbow!! :ack2:

stormtrooper, thx for posting Barb's pics for us all to see. New Horton vertical bow? Good luck with it. :D

·
3,019 Posts
KMTPR - My wife says my arsenal is out of hand but I shoot a LH PSE Polaris and a RH PSE Stratoflight compounds (I also have two Bear Whitetail Hunter bows - circa 1974) and I'm building my own long bow. Since money is tight I've picked up my stuff at garage sales and friends, then picked up the accessories and arrows on sale at different places. One of these days I'm gonna total up all that I've spent thus far (I may or may not tell the wife - depending upon the total). And yes I shoot both Left and Right handed.

·
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sporty87 said:
KMTPR - My wife says my arsenal is out of hand but I shoot a LH PSE Polaris and a RH PSE Stratoflight compounds (I also have two Bear Whitetail Hunter bows - circa 1974) and I'm building my own long bow. Since money is tight I've picked up my stuff at garage sales and friends, then picked up the accessories and arrows on sale at different places. One of these days I'm gonna total up all that I've spent thus far (I may or may not tell the wife - depending upon the total). And yes I shoot both Left and Right handed.
I am RH and have to shoot my guns as a lefty due to vision loss, but I find it amazing that you can shoot your bow, both left and right handed. :D Am sure it does get expensive, but am also sure it gives you pleasure to have several nice bows. :)

Other day I was visiting guys at the local archery shop near me, and there was a Bear compound bow, about that old, that a customer left for some repair. I was talking about it with one of the employees there. Am not sure which Bear it was, but I know it looked quite heavy and was made with a lot of wood. The pulleys were also quite small.

Awesome making your own longbow!! I would like to see a pic of it when it is finished. Good luck with that project. I knew of a NJ hunter who also made his own longbows, and made videos to show others how he did it. He recently moved to TX, I believe. :) Btw, most just call me K. :D

·
378 Posts
I hunt with a Bear Kodiak Recurve (mostly) but shoot several, including a Bear Whitetail, PSE Mach IV. Also FWIW I hunt 100% from the ground.

I also do a little rifle, handgun and ML deer hunting as well. ( I cast my own handgun bullets)

·
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
aceoky said:
I hunt with a Bear Kodiak Recurve (mostly) but shoot several, including a Bear Whitetail, PSE Mach IV. Also FWIW I hunt 100% from the ground.

I also do a little rifle, handgun and ML deer hunting as well. ( I cast my own handgun bullets)
Nice bows, Jim. Very interesting casting your own handgun bullets. Shooting what you've made is really cool. :confused:

·
327 Posts
Wow.. for bows I shoot a Jay Massie longbow, a Great Plains Red River recurve and a Bob Lee Signature Series recurve. I also like to hunt with my Matthews LX Solocam. For my longbows and recurves I make my own strings and arrows.

If I could only hunt Darton Impact xbow life would be grand.

·
1,098 Posts
Mathews

·
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ky.Longbeard said:
Nice, Mathews makes some very nice quiet bows. Which one do you have?

1 - 20 of 218 Posts