Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we have all the manufacturers listed that will get substantial posts, but just curious what other brands are out there that we don't have listed?

·
89 Posts
There's also Astro Daco, Crissbow, Pearson, Whammo, Bear/Jennings/Buckmaster, Thompson, Swissbow, Campbell and a slew of others.

Do I detect some Xenophobia?

·
Registered
33 Posts
D

A few of yhese companies are out of business Astro-Daco has not mbow ade a xbow since 1986. Whammo was sued out of business. Bear Jennings has not produced a decent xbow since the Maxpoint in 2004.And these are just xbows I have owned.

2003 Maxpoint

1980 Daco

1970's Whammo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Urban Legend said:
Wow, that maxpoint looks just like an excalibur with compound limbs. I wonndder, the if anyone complained about that when they were being made?
No one compained, the Maxpoint and the Paradox were a collaberation between Bear archery and Excalibur Crossbows. Maxpoint was exactly the same xbow. They were sold in the US by BEAR/jENNINGS and the Paradox was sold in Canada BY Excalibur.These were exactly the same xbow using Excal stock and trigger and a Bear prod. shot 340 fps with a 400 gr bolt and 175# draw.

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
digger said:
No one compained, the Maxpoint and the Paradox were a collaberation between Bear archery and Excalibur Crossbows. Maxpoint was exactly the same xbow. They were sold in the US by BEAR/jENNINGS and the Paradox was sold in Canada BY Excalibur.These were exactly the same xbow using Excal stock and trigger and a Bear prod. shot 340 fps with a 400 gr bolt and 175# draw.
They were available from 2001-2004. according to Danny Miller, they could have been capable of breaking the 400 fps barrier from the beginning, via slightly different cams and cable set up, but neither Bear nor Excal wanted to upset the parity to vert applecart and they were "tuned down" to 340 fps. Makes me kind of chuckle every time I read a diatribe on the greedy xbow mfgrs.

·
Banned
402 Posts
crossbow review

crossbow review is a great source of information on crossbows.

------------------------------------------------------------------

·
104 Posts
the other companies

Crossman
Ausbow
Middleton Crossbow
Digitarc
The Crossbowmansden
Pearson Archery
NcStar
Winzeler
Weifang Zhaoshi Bow & Crossbow Co Ltd
Swiss Crossbow Makers
Prana
Scherrer
Megaline
Interloper
Lothar Walther
Poe Lang
Experiment Armbrustbau
Freegate Armory
Armcross
Man Kung Crossbow
Arcos Velox
Maug
Serge Adrover
Hegmans
New World Arbalest
Alchem Incorporated

Links here:
http://www.ballestaperu.com/utilidades/links.html?task=links&pg=1&cid=1

·
72 Posts
Check This Out,dudes

Maybe this is not the correct place to post this but hey i am excited here.Please forgive me guy's as of now we got some very interesting pic's to show everyone that is interested.If you would like to see these then please feel free to visit THE GALLERY at Talisman website,check out the 5mm thick steel lampost section that has been hit by a teminator bolt and went straight through one side,Holy mother of God :D.and pus some awesome impact shot's on solid church pew post's by crossbow bullet's doing rediculouse speed's he he it's one bad mother.

·
72 Posts
Hope It's Ok Jeff

Hope this is ok Jeff if not feel free to remove it.It dont make no difference we will still dig what you do man,whatever.And we want to come visit you when i get there,cant wait to meet the LEDGEND in person and anyone else there as well too,we dont worry about what's been said on here as it's only word's and we dont bear no grudges,hey i want to meet ya all and let ya all shoot this bow,we are all fun guy's that love crossbows that's what we are and we are gonna have a lot of fun.And besides i want to see MOON'S bows in the flesh,that guy's got ONE seriouse collection there Get the barbie on and them rissoles,boy cant wait and boy wer'e gonna rock when we do no worrie's man we will put this bow through the paces with everything we can and we will all laugh when we do it as well,for sure,he he cant wait.

·
72 Posts
Traditional Bows

I'll be bringing some traditional flexing bow crossbows over with me as well and you can all shoot them too,THE DEMON BOW will be there as will the DARK ANGEL and a few other's as well for good luck.We can set up target's or go hunting if you like.let's all have some fun now is what i say.Not everyone want's really powerful crossbow's as the ones already out there are good by any standard and have been around for a long long time,and do the job that they were intended for extremely well,i have to say.All i did was to bring out a crossbow for those that want something with more power and speed for whatever reason,maybe hunting or target is fine.I just find it such a BLAST to shoot at target's on high or lower power it's all good fun and i love it all.If it's good fun then do it is what i say :D.

·
72 Posts
SOL CAL

Mike said:
Do I recall correctly...you'll be comming to the So. Cal. area during your trip?

Mike
Anything is possible,as of nowMike, i dont know,but we will certainly be all having a blast.And anyway i want to see as much of AMERICA as i can,it has alway's been my deam to see this beautiful place for real,god so wish i lived there i love the rockie's and all the scenery and the river's they are something else.i want to go fishing there as well for BIG PIKE and BASS and anything else as well.I love fishing.And i love the snow,we dont get it here no more,we used to when i was very young but now it's all gone,and iv'e got relatives in DENVER COLORADO and a good friend livving in CANADA too.Most of all i want to go HUNTING with crossbows for deer,turkey,wild boar,etc and cant wait for this,it will be awesome i know i just love the way you guy's all do your stuff,it's just so cool.

·
72 Posts
WE will be looking for more pro staff

Yes guy's we will be on the look out for more PRO STAFF when we get thing's going,and anyone that loves what they do is what we want.We are not a big company,so please bear with us and everything takes time,but were doing our utmost best here to get thing's into gear as soon as we can and dont worry we will get there and we are not greedy people,just ordinary guy's just like you,trying their best,hey all the great invention's out there come from ENTHUSIAST'S,just ordinary guy's,that are passionate about their sport or hobby.Just like us all on here,I loved moon's mini moon knock's and he's right,why dont they just make em right to begin with,without all the sharp edges and the correct shape,get em into production is what i say,theres a market out there for anything that's GOOD,good luck with this moon,you are on to a winner there :D:):D.

·
72 Posts
Guy's like us

It's guy's like us,the enthusiast's that all add to this wicked sport and it just keep's getting better everyday.Who know's what all this fantastic development may bring to us all as archery is such good fun whatever you do and all of us get good idea's at some time or another and it's all good fun experimenting when you get these idea's into testing mode and what a big buzz when you find that it work's,and even if it doe's not at first it doe's not mean that it never will.If you want it to work bad enough then you will find a way.Take me for example,it was crap when i first made my very first prototype,it would not put a hole in a paper bag,no kidding and the work i did to get it to that stage was staggering,but i believed in it and found way's to get it to work,man my head still aches now when i think of it all.The times i felt like givving up after going back to the drawing board so many times.The Beast was a total beast to make,trust.Anyway let's all make this sport rock like no other,i say give it what you got.THE CROSSBOW IS JUST AWESOME.i love all crossbows,Phil.Quality will alway's sell,nice bit of quality work moon and wyvern.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts