Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know offhand what size Butler Creek Flip caps fit properly on the Evo X scope? I have the caps it came with, but I like the BC with the thumb button better. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Offhand, no.
But I recently purchased a set for a SigSauer Sierra 3 2.5-8 x 32.
It is simple to get the right size if you have calipers or a decent scale in inches or mm.
Simply measure the diameter of each end of the scope then select the size, for example, from Amazon.
You should use the Amazon.com site in the US.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dynamo....I suppose I could just use a caliper to measure, but I figured if someone already did it and bought a set that fit, it would save me trying to remember where I put my digital caliper. LOL!

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Thanks Dynamo....I suppose I could just use a caliper to measure, but I figured if someone already did it and bought a set that fit, it would save me trying to remember where I put my digital caliper. LOL!
The measurement is not really that critical as the cap's rubber is very pliable.
A 6" pocket scale is accurate enough.
The sizes have about a mm compliance and even if you got a set a size larger, you could put a little tape on the scope to snug the caps up.
Cheers,
d

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The measurement is not really that critical as the cap's rubber is very pliable.
A 6" pocket scale is accurate enough.
The sizes have about a mm compliance and even if you got a set a size larger, you could put a little tape on the scope to snug the caps up.
Cheers,
d
True if you want the yellow button version which is a softer rubber, as opposed to the original red button version which is more rigid and requires a more precise measurement.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got it figured and out done! If you have an Evo X scope and want to replace the loud stock flip caps with the Butler Creek caps, the Objective size is a 20 and the Eye piece is a size 16. This is for the RED button version, not the yellow button version. The yellow version is a more pliable rubber/plastic combo that fits more applications under a given number, but in my experience they tend to "walk around" and or slide off in certain circumstances unless your application just so happens to be at the tighter fit range within a given size. I personally prefer the red version, and these fit real snug and are very quiet when activated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts