Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I purchase an r29x or buy Dorges ACAD for on my Aculeus? I found a good deal on a new r29x that the savings will be around the same cost as the ACAD would be. I'm on the fence of buying the 29x. I'm about to just buy the darn thing and list my Aculeus up for sale. I need to start using a crank on the heavy limb bows because my back isn't agreeing with the shooting sessions. I end up with some nasty pain for a few days after shooting a bit in the yard.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would get the R29X and never look back.

Reactions: Jtarcher2

·
1,318 Posts
Will the ten point accudraw work on your Aculeus?

I find switching to another bow to be costly because you will want new arrows and maybe a new scope etc...

I have learned to keep what I have and slowly upgrade the accessories... :)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will the ten point accudraw work on your Aculeus?

I find switching to another bow to be costly because you will want new arrows and maybe a new scope etc...

I have learned to keep what I have and slowly upgrade the accessories... :)
I do think it would. They used the ten point cranks on there bows before the ACAD came out.

That is kind of the way I was thinking too.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Ravin hands down! You already have a R26, so you know what they are all about. Any crank that uses hooks or a sled is old news. Not sure about the R29X, but the R29 is awesome. Just as fast (or faster) as my Orion Extreme 175 was, but lighter, about 1/3 the size, and not a b!tch to cock.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ravin hands down! You already have a R26, so you know what they are all about. Any crank that uses hooks or a sled is old news.
I also know the Aculeus is a fine crossbow. That's where it gets tough. I haven't shot an R29x or know anyone that's put one through the ringer.

I do like the fact that your not dealing with a sled or hooks to store away. Nothing there to bump and rattle.

·
9,022 Posts
"Better the devil ... you know than the devil you don't." ;)

Reactions: Rit and Yelpy

·
Registered
943 Posts
I also know the Aculeus is a fine crossbow. That's where it gets tough. I haven't shot an R29x or know anyone that's put one through the ringer.

I do like the fact that your not dealing with a sled or hooks to store away. Nothing there to bump and rattle.
That's the thing with Scorpyd's...we KNOW that they are great bows, and long time proven. Simple to work on, fast, dependable, and accurate. They are by far the most efficient crossbows when you figure speed vs draw weight, but they are big. Also the heavier poundage models are tough to cock, given the long power stroke. Now with the integrated crank systems, heavy draw weight doesn't mean much. The R29X hasn't been out that long.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Why the R29X instead of the R29? The R29 is proven and only 20 fps less than the R29X. It can be had several hundreds of $$ cheaper also.

I bet it is the silent cranking you want instead of the speed.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I thought the 29x was much more harsh to shoot over the 29. Its louder than an already loud bow and that energy goes off right in your ear. I think you have the right one in the 26. But hey, I've been known to buy a bow or ten for no better reason than I want to.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why the R29X instead of the R29? The R29 is proven and only 20 fps less than the R29X. It can be had several hundreds of $$ cheaper also.

I bet it is the silent cranking you want instead of the speed.
The same reason you bought your R20. The price is right. LOL

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought the 29x was much more harsh to shoot over the 29. Its louder than an already loud bow and that energy goes off right in your ear. I think you have the right one in the 26. But hey, I've been known to buy a bow or ten for no better reason than I want to.
I agree the R26 fits what I wanted it for and will serve the purpose. This is more a decision for speed with a crank. I don't want to sacrifice speed because of my sore back.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's another thing that comes to mind.

What if water gets in that crank on the Ravin?

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
That is for any of the crossbows with internal cranks. Might rust some depending on what materials were used but I doubt it will effect the crank itself as far as cranking goes as any water would drain out.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
R29x so I can hear all about it first hand. Your hard on your equipment like me so, let's see if it holds up for ya. You want EZ SPEED there ya go.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts