Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
my name is dan and I am new to crossbows and to this forum. But I want to share With you the story of how I became intrested and crossbows.For the past week I've been researching crossbows and i fell involved with your forum. Ive been learning so much. now Im interested in the whole thing. But i never was interested before but ill tell why I was researching crossbows and you will see how I became head over heels for crossbows...
. It was last week and I was going through my dads house. Sadly last February the 25th 2019 my father passed away. And when my dad was alive you could Say that he was a little bit of a hoarder. So for the past year and few months now I've been going through his hoarder house and just trying to get it cleaned up and to my surprise I found this white Plain Box. So I opened it up and to my surprise it was fully jam packed with stuff. Now I didn't quite know what it was at the time even though everything on top pointed to it but the best part is is that I had no idea how special of a find this would be. Now if you go back 20 years or so my dad use to say that he had a crossbow he never got to hunt with. He always said it was because he had me and my brother. I always shook it off like Yea, OK dad alright. Well at that time i hade no idea that my dad purchased this when my older brother was only 3 and a half months old. So I guess my dad may have been on to something. Well i opened that box and here are some pictures of what I found in that. Thanks Dad. Thank you guys for reading and I Hope you all enjoy the pictures.

View attachment 185291
Thanks again, Dan

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Welcome and thanks for sharing the amazing find.
Personally, I would leave everything intact and mull it over for a long time prior to opening any package or shooting the xbow..
That is quite the treasure, immaculate condition.

·
Registered
409 Posts
That's too dang cool. Welcome to CBN

I was at my first Air Force duty station, Dyess AFB Tx, in Nov 1984 🇺🇸

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
That is VERY cool :)

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Thank you for the welcome. I have no idea what I'm going to do.
If you are not a shooter, I imagine many either here on the forums, ebay or similar would gladly buy it from you.
There is a Market Place forum here, in the Classifieds section:
I'm sure you would get a decent $ for it from a collector.
As with any collectable, the more that it is in original packaging, the more it is worth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for your comments and I really don't know what to do. But if I do go that way you all will be first to know. Thank you again for you attention.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts