Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would have liked Customstocks with adjustable cheek pad a bow width of at least 20 " so that one can use Flatnocks again, Picatinnyrail with predispositions of 60MOA and 90MOA for the athletes and ...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@midniter Why do you want more speed? 350 fps are enough for elephants, why even more?Reverse cams only bring back an even more acute string angle in the lock and the associated problems.The rail could be shorter and release the arrow immediately after the end of the acceleration path.But presumably the necessary riser would be a considerable extra weight.Sorry, but as a sporty user, I may not understand your motives why there are other necessities for hunting.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Reverse cam bows are easier to tune than split yolk bows. Why extra riser weight? Simply eliminate the cams and split yolk set up, add reverse cams and axels that have attachment spot for the power cables (see Horton storm) and be done. Same riser for either set up. You gain 2.5 inch's of power stroke for more speed, or keep the speed the same and lower the poundage of the limbs ( 170 lbs vs 150 lbs). When the scorpyd patent for reverse cams expire it will be hard to find a new bow that is split yolk.

·
Registered
181 Posts
What's so great bout flat nocks, other than being able to rotate the arrow ( half assed spine indexing). Not needed with spine indexed arrows. All my bows shoot spine indexed zs's with aluminum moon nocks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's to much power for me! ;-) I want more control and find that at slit limbs more possibilities have to adjust the triggering feeling at its own discretion. And more weight because with a shorter rail the riser would have to compensate for the lack of distance to the shorter rail during normal cam use. The extrusion profile of the rail is lighter than the necessary riser. The whole crossbow should not be shorter otherwise would be missing the power stroke.I find the principle of the bear reverse draw crossbows quite good, only the implementation of the whole I found less great.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Raziel, look at the parker tornado. When introduced, it was reverse cam. Later it was converted to split yolk and split limb. This year it's back to reverse cams. Other than limb pocket changes (solid limb to split limb) all 3 versions have same rail and riser.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, but the arrow rail should end shortly after the point at which the cable settles. All providers rushed only the high speeds behind, but it would have been more useful to take care of the things in which still weak points were and are. 330Fps-350Fps are enough for every job. You can set it when everything runs optimally so the strings 10 000 accelerations and cable 5 000 accelerations hold without risking anything. And from a bow width of 20 " unrestrained you can also use flat nocks up to 14" Power Stroke. Are the limbs aligned almost parallel to the arrow rail you get the whole thing very quiet and low vibration. In addition still very good custom stocks and one would have a great long-lasting crossbow! Unfortunately, you probably rarely than the one interested they would produce sold then. It's like cars, they do not break down, you do not deserve too much. I had times with 20,000 accelerations a year, it gets annoying when you need new cables every month and every second also a new string.

·
2,792 Posts
New cable slide where the cables cross under the rail. A 6.5 lb viper ss extreme with reverse cams. A reverse limb bow would be nice too. For me, they went a little too far with the bull pup idea on the toxins.
Darton has a new cable slide where the cables cross in the middle now, at least on the Toxin 100 they do, I'm sure the new slides will work on all their bows to....

As long as Rex Darlington is running the show at Darton, I don't think you will ever see a Darton RDT model, he's not a fan at all....I would like to see a reverse cam model, myself...;)

Mike
100_0544 (1280x720).jpg

·
1,222 Posts
Yea, a reverse draw would be cool as well as a couple of the things in the new SUB-1 such as the long fastener that both adjusts limb load but also allows string changes without a press.
Take a good look at the SUB-1, nice innovations there.
Short, easy to handle, rifle like trigger (though my Rebel 135 isn't too bad). Update the arrow holder to remove all vibration after the arrow leaves the trigger box.

Mike

·
2,794 Posts
Reverse cams would allow the string to move forward, which could potentially ahorten the crossbow, or shorten the bullpup of the current Toxin models. I'm sure they are fine crossbows, but I prefer the looks and handling of the older Vipers and Serpents.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Something like a crossbow should look like Darton brings to the market. Maybe some should only consist of cheaper plastic, but in any case, finally devices should finally come to the market where you do not subsequently even everything to suit yourself.
Darton Serpent fertig für die neue Saison.jpg
In addition to the adjustable cheek rest, the adjustable buttplate, it now has a custom-made Innomount mount with 100MOA preadjustment, a VX-R Patrol 1.5-4x20 riflescope and a well-usable break point for inserting the cocking aid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts