Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While waiting for the release and shipping of the DS I have on order, I've been giving a lot of thought about selling my current bow. I know I'll probably get a few "keep it for back up" comments but the funds are needed to offset the cost of a new bow. I'm amazed at the frequency that some of our member buy and sell their bows, so it only stands to reason that this would be a good place to ask the question. Since I'll be getting a reverse draw bow, the current hard and soft case I have will be of no use to me so I might as well sell everything as a package, besides, the hard case will help protect the bow and accessories from damage during shipping. I figured there would be a few bucks involved to have a bulky package shipped so I took the loaded hard case to the local UPS shipping store for an estimate. I was shocked when they said $182.00 +/- for a quesstimate of about 750 miles! When I asked if there was a cheaper way to ship they made it sound like that was the most cost effective way to do it.

When I got home I began a Google search to see what I could find on line. The best I could find to ship a 41"x28"x12" 20lb package using a shipping calculator was $58. I would like to have as realistic a price as possible if I choose to list it in the classified section here, so, I'm looking for any methods, tips or other info that could be gleaned from all the experienced sellers here. A few of you know who you are! lol Thanks for any info you can pass on.

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
Crossbow are cumbersome but $182 does sound high! Where do you live? I shipped one from Pennsylvania to California for around $40 insured. What kind og bow are you shipping? Are you disassembling it to ship?...

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I have used USPS priority mail without issue. Last bow I shipped 26 lb with insurance was around $40

Reactions: Tim50

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
rlandenb: Try and find another company: USPS, FedEx etc. for prices. UPS has gone haywire. They have 3 or 4 shipping levels but even the cheapest does not make any sense. I planned to order 6 short sleeve Tee shirts from Hot Leathers in the U.S.A. and have them shipped to Manitoba, Canada. They wanted approximately $101.00 for shipping. Reducing my order to one tee shirt showed the same. I switched to various other countries, both near and far and the cheaper rate dropped to $56.00 to $59.00 for the six tee shirts. I made contact with Hot Leathers explaining what the charges were and how it was so steep when switching to Canada. They checked with their website and this is how it stands. So, needless to say, no order. I have purchased from Hot Leathers before and received high quality Tee shirts, my reason for returning, but never have I paid this shipping rate. Not long ago I enquired on having a 40 some pound target shipped from another U.S.A. company and I was quoted $125.00. What ever price I pay, I have to pay 36 to 40 cents on the dollar exchange on the product, on shipping and on any import fees.
Update: Did a re order check for 2 Tee shirts after this post, now shows $80.00. Again I will not be ordering. That order to go any where in the lower 48 is $7.95 with UPS.
Good luck with what ever you choose.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be shipping a complete Mission Dagger package in a Plano Spire hard case weighing 20lbs. I live in a northern suburb of Detroit MI. and I figured a shipping range of about 750 miles which would cover shipping to the Mississippi River to the East Coast, but it could be 50 miles- I just wanted a ball park figure. I'm curious, who did the shipping for $40 and what classification did you use to ship?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Down in florida they are really strict on box size. 104 in for priority is it H+W+L

Typically 30 to 40 but get insurance

·
971 Posts
What's killing you is shipping it in the case. That turns it into a oversized package and the price goes WAY up.
Shipmit in the original box and you will be in the 40 dollar range.

Reactions: robertyb

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
X-3
Forget the case. And remove the front end if possible to streamline the box you ship in. If you have the original box (always keep them) use it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I paid 29.00 for my R15 shipped from Lancaster Archery to me in Maui Hawaii via usps prioriy mail..thats way way across the pond and it took three days go figure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts