Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Vauxhall Mokka Elite
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just a quick question. What's the cheapest animal to hunt for in the US for non residents. Also I own property in pennsylvania as a non resident would I need an outfitter to hunt my property or can I buy tags for my own property.

·
Registered
428 Posts
You need to check PA fish and game website. I believe if you own property you can get a resident license. No guide needed even for non residents. Lots of animals can be hunted with the basic PA hunting license

·
Registered
13,114 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey Marco! In PA it would be whitetails for sure. Even if you own property in PA if it is not your primary residence you would need a non resident licence. No guide necessary for your property or any of the many state owned game lands. Where abouts in PA is your property?

·
Registered
Northeastern Wisconsin
105 Posts
Wisconsin Archer First Time Buyer

This First-time buyer license is a reduced rate license that is offered to customers as a means to introduce them to the sport of hunting or fishing. It is also available for any customer who has not purchased a license in any of the last 10 years.

Resident: $5| Nonresident: $79.75

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
No license needed for wild pig in Texas last I saw. Arkansas has the cheapest non resident deal going for all species tag.

·
Registered
119 Posts
As a general rule, things that grow antlers are more expensive to hunt than things that don't grow antlers. Again, general rule, the bigger antlers, the bigger the amount of money to go on an outfitted hunt. Moose cost more to hunt than elk, deer are generally cheaper to hunt than elk, antelope are cheaper yet on the range of outfitted hunts.

Bears and hogs are cheaper yet often. You can go on go shoot several hogs for less than 1K. As for going guided vs non guided, the one thing you have to consider that isn't cheap and is finite for us all. Time. We only have so much of it. You can go on 5 DIY elk hunts and never get a shot at 1-2K a pop. There are plenty of guided elk hunts that you can go on and get an elk for 5K.

As for PA, we have a good amount of deer here, and you can hunt without a guide. Most of the US you can hunt public lands without a guide, with some exceptions out west that require outfitters for certain areas or species. If you have a decent amount of PA property, I bet that you might have decent deer hunting on it.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
Baltimore, MD - Ten Point Viper S400
664 Posts
If you want to journey from Pa. to Baltimore, Md. you can get on good quantities of rats - FREE! The biggest drawback is coming to Baltimore City! lol I have heard of guys having a great time hunting them at night with pellet guns. I just can't see me in Baltimore at night as I don't know the area at all. Probably not the hunt you were thinking of though.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
In Ga you dont have to buy a liscense to hunt your own land. You just get a set of free "tags" .

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you want to journey from Pa. to Baltimore, Md. you can get on good quantities of rats - FREE! The biggest drawback is coming to Baltimore City! lol I have heard of guys having a great time hunting them at night with pellet guns. I just can't see me in Baltimore at night as I don't know the area at all. Probably not the hunt you were thinking of though.
I laughed when I read this...I had a shed out back of my property where I stored a riding lawnmower. One summer the field mice obliterated the seat...so I loaded up on .22 birdshot, took my pistol and had one of the most action-packed (and satisfying) hunts of my life! I got 23 mice in one afternoon. I asked my wife to take "trophy" pic of me afterwards...she just sighed and muttered something about how weird I was...

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
I dont think you need a license or a tag for these Cicada bugs in Georgia. Then again I may be poaching😲😲😲😲😲
😲 😁😁😁

Sorry I just had to!!!😁😁😁

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Might fine shooting there Stalker.:) Whenever they get as bad as they did @ 15-18 years ago I will mail you a bag full. My backyard looked like a sponge when that year rolled around.:(

Reactions: Stalker

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Marco! In PA it would be whitetails for sure. Even if you own property in PA if it is not your primary residence you would need a non resident licence. No guide necessary for your property or any of the many state owned game lands. Where abouts in PA is your property?
Hi buddy its in Washington County.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I first started shooting at 14 here in Scotland, and the first job I had was shooting rats on a local farm, the farmer would give me milk and eggs and sometimes a slab of bacon or lamb for my parents. I used to get my youngest brother to pick them up and put them in bags for the farmer to see how many I shot.

·
Registered
Baltimore, MD - Ten Point Viper S400
664 Posts
I first started shooting at 14 here in Scotland, and the first job I had was shooting rats on a local farm, the farmer would give me milk and eggs and sometimes a slab of bacon or lamb for my parents. I used to get my youngest brother to pick them up and put them in bags for the farmer to see how many I shot.
That sounds like a blast!! It sounds somewhat like the fun I used to have chasing rabbits. GOOD TIMES!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts