Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After filling a tag and realizing I need a backup plan, I started getting my sub 1 lite ready. Removed ,4-,18 target scope put on this low end utg fixed 4 (I think could be 3) illuminated scope with qd rings which made it easy. After changing the way I hunt to walk and stalk it made me think what a pig this is. Holy crap sure hope the viper doesn't break down. No way I want to carry this all day.

What's your backup rig?

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
I really don't have a back-up. I have 4 crossbows & i just grab the next in line after the 1st one makes a kill.
I have 3 crossbows and look at it the same way too. See my signature...........

·
4,534 Posts
I have 2 Mission MXB 400's set up just alike. A black one is for blind hunting. The camo bow is for not blind hunting. The difference this year the camo is shooting Swat X mag broadheads the black bow is shooting NAP FOC broadheads. Trying to make up my mind between the 2 heads. I also have a Excalibur Bulldog 360 thats ready to hunt. I think its going to be my Doe bow.

They are all capable of being a full time bow.

Like some others i really don't have a back up.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
My TS 370 with a UTG 3x9x32 scope is 7.9 lb.....my backup is a DRT 385 with same scope at 7.3 lb. I rope cock, so no added weight there and I carry my arrows in a tube. For stalking I use a single point harness.
Still really impressed with the DRT 385. MY BIL bought one last year and had it over shooting it the other day. With Pile Driver arrows and $65 Lumix 4x scope out to 50 yards, it shoots just as good as my high dollar TenPoint bows with custom arrows shoot, and is WAY lighter.

·
5,494 Posts
My back up plan is an extra string, set of Allen wrenches and an extra set of limbs for my Excalibur Assassin 400TD.
View attachment 233709
I think I may have a problem. I have extra limbs and strings for 3 of mine. ;) Won’t be like that forever. Downsize coming next year.:cautious:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts