Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your favorite feature about your favorite crossbow? Was it a selling point?
Me, I love the thumb hole stock. It's a must for me.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Love the thumbhole stock on my Vortex, the speed of my Cyclone and the ease of pull of my Phoenix. But, unlike John Edwards, only one woman.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
What?

My favorite feature IS the Crossbow.After suffering a severe left hand injury and finding I could no longer shoot my conventional bow proficiently,the Crossbow has allowed me to continue in the sport I really do love.;)

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
I have read about some of you dry fire your bows, especially the excal owners, the TenPoint is almost inpossible to do that. I think more companies should add that safety feature.
Agreed. But Ive managed to dryfire both a compound, with anti dryfire devise, and an Excal.( I shoot a lot) Best prevention is using what the Almighty put between the ears.

·
1,223 Posts
While nothing is impossible...the anti-dry fire mechanism on the Darton is very good. Though it can be a double edged sword, if one fails to "fully" cock the bow...you get the same "safety" engagement. I did this the very first time I cocked my new (at the time) Darton Fireforce.
Very effective.

The light string to track load is also very nice. String servings last seemingly for ever.

For "me"...the trigger mechanism is also very clean and simple. I am able to taylor the trigger action easilly to my liking.

Comming up rapidly is the Horton reCon. Also a very light string to track load. Overall small size. VERY accurate (as with most modern crossbows).

Mike

·
Banned
258 Posts
What Urban said,at my age its a must!I like the over all feel of the bow
and its light and is so sweet to shoot!This is my first recurve crossbow
I have shot one other,was nice but this old girl just fits so good that
its hard to be fair to anything else!Its a GT Curve and I cant thank
Wyvern Creations enough for setting it up and all the help with the
countless questions,etc!One thing you dont shoot at the same spot
twice them arrows can get expensive!;)

·
11,432 Posts
Tough question to answer

For hunting:

Small size and light weight - feels good in hand and comfortable to carry and shoot.

For fun shooting:

Smooth and quiet with little recoil

For 3D competition:

Standup off hand consistent accuracy with little sensitivity to changes in shooting form

Unfortunately I don't have all those things in any one crossbow............yet
:)

·
1,379 Posts
Terminator HP

Minimal maintenance, good workable trigger, warranty. Oh, and Parker is only 15 miles from my house! I think the last one is what sealed the deal. :eek:

I am so pleased with the Terminator that I just bought my son a Buckbuster 150. He is VERY impressed with it, as I am. He's looking forward to "drilling" some deer with it this fall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts