Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me explain I am a "tinker'er" with my hunting equipment. I am always looking to make it better.:auto: Now I have been shooting my "new" x-bow and I am getting golf ball size group out to 40 yards( bench rested) w/ broadheads.

I was going to trade my dot site for a scope, but with it getting close to opening of deer season I backed off from the trade. I need some help in stopping my brain from trying to improve my hunting rig!!!!:ack2::eek:

I get this way evey summer.....:eek: I even tried to go fishing but my mind wanders back to hunting, blah, blah, blah.

HELP......

Koz

·
2,814 Posts
Remember the old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it , just keep repeating that over & over...:ack2:

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Golf balls everywhere

You would be some bad dude on a Golf course.:ack2:

·
310 Posts
Kozman4907,
If your brain will not turn off, find a kid or other shooter to help.
Apparently you have something to pass on.

Thanks,
Mark

·
1,222 Posts
"that old saying...if it ain't broke........."

Is such garbage. We wouldn't be where we are today if our forefathers thought that way!

Keep tinkering...

Mike

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hoss said:
Kozman4907,
If your brain will not turn off, find a kid or other shooter to help.
Apparently you have something to pass on.

Thanks,
Mark
Mark I always lend a hand at my local club. I am vol archery instructor. Both of my girls love to shoot also.

I have lead more than a few friends to the light(wives get upset lol):D. I have just as much fun teaching new hunters. I took a guy who never hunted before and after a summer boot camp with me... He was able to kill a fat doe last fall.

I don't know who was more happy he or I:D. I got tired of him stealing my deer jerky when he came over:rolleyes: So I told him that I would teach him to get his own. Sure enough he did! Nowhe is taking his son out with us this fall!

My wife helps out and when we go hunting they go out to dinner or something ( kind of a support group):D

Well I just cut some more arrows and I will be playing with new fletching got to run........:D
Koz

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My mother told me when I was a teenager that I need to have some culture...

SPECIALIZED said:
You would be some bad dude on a Golf course.:D

So she told me that I needed to play a sport that did have anyone hit each other (football),and it had to out of the wood/water.

So I went for golf lessons it was ok but boaring...... I told her it was more fun to drive the cart than hit the little ball around. I also would flip out at the deer I saw on the golf corse:cool:. I told the pro where the best place to put a tree stand on the corse :D He would just rolled his eyes and tried to keep me focused on the task at hand:p.:D

Koz

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Kozman4907 said:
So she told me that I needed to play a sport that did have anyone hit each other (football),and it had to out of the wood/water.

So I went for golf lessons it was ok but boaring...... I told her it was more fun to drive the cart than hit the little ball around. I also would flip out at the deer I saw on the golf corse:cool:. I told the pro where the best place to put a tree stand on the corse :D He would just rolled his eyes and tried to keep me focused on the task at hand:p.:D

Koz
That right there is funny,:D HA HA HA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts