Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When in my tree stand and I gotta go I just pee right off the side. Even pee in my mock scraps. What does everyone else do, let it go or use a bottle?

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
When in the woods, do as the woods creatures do, of course.
They don't carry a bottle around, right?
Let it all hang out, Bro!
Just make sure your Buds ain't standing underneath...o_O

Reactions: PBR

·
Registered
494 Posts
I used to carry a bottle around to pee in. After a few mistakes with which bottle to drink from (LOL), I stopped. Honestly I just pee where ever now. The deer have to relate a smell to danger. They don't recognize urine as human urine - therefore, no danger. Same with CRAP.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Been peeing off my stand for years, with absolutely no effect on deer. As stated in previous post, deer do not associate human urine with people or danger. As far as using a bottle, some years ago during gun season, a older friend of mine used his sons ground stand, which his son used the day before. The son urinated in a 20oz. diet MT Dew plastic bottle, and left it in the stand. Yea, you can see where this story is going. True Story!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Pee outta the tree. I really hate poopin’ in the woods though. Too much overhead with that, so I do what I can to avoid it.

·
Registered
13,225 Posts
I'm usually good until the second my feet hits the round. Then I try makin a couple steps away from my stand even if just a few. HA!:)

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
I used to pee out of my trees and still do on occasion. But..I also noticed that when I do my big buck pics even at night go way down on my cameras. I think the reason why is because when you pee off stand deer smell it and come to investigate (had many do so while still in the tree) and no matter how careful you are you will leave some human smell behind and especially if you are using climber and ladder stands. A young buck doesn't seem to pay a lot of attention but I think 3 1/2 YO or older bucks do for certain thus the lack of pics on the cameras.
My climbing stand now has a pee jug tied to one side of it that stays on year round.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I watched Dan Fitzgerald freshen his mock scrapes, and that kid from Michigan that sold those grunters that attached to your collar,,,, one reason I don't watch hunting shows anymore!! A shame to, cause I kinda liked Dan! If I have to piss, I walk away from my stand or suspect trails, then brush the forrest floor away, dig a little whole with the heel of my boot, and let er spray! Then put the dirt back, and finally cover all back up with rotted foilage.

But prefer to hunt near water, and rather piss in the creek or river,,,, (y)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Depends. 🤔

1 - 11 of 11 Posts