Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were alot of members here that I havnt heard from in a long time... where have they gone ? Are they just sitting back and reading and not posting or have they moved on or gave up the sport ? It would sure be nice to hear from some of them. They helped me out alot when I first joined this website forum. I used to enjoy reading their posts and learning from thier valuable information. I wouldn't be where I'm at today if it weren't for them. If your reading this and the shoe fits let's hear from you !

·
Crossbow Nut
3,384 Posts
Been wondering the same thing Marty. Unfortunately, some have passed on and their widows, who have their hands full, may not even know how to notify their forum friends of their passing.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This hits me in a way that I can't describe exactly. I've never grown used to someone being around on the internet then lost them. It's a bag of mixed and identified emotions. I'm saddened about this for sure but also confused. Those guys really pulled me through some dark times that were a pivotal time in my life. They cared enough to PM me and reach out to me with great advice and wisdom and now they could be gone for ever... I never really even had the chance to meet them and thank them or anything ! What a thing this internet is. I wish there could be more to it..... I'm not a big people person but I regret that in me at times like this.

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'm in need of a few cold beers.....

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Maybe they’re still here but are seeing a lot of odd posts and don’t want to get involved.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,384 Posts
One I know for sure passed on; Eric Waldron, and another great guy was Fuzzy Fultz. Just don't know what happened to him; miss them both. There are many others, some deployed to the Middle East and not heard from again for whatever reason.

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wish you were closer....

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Haven't seen Vent on here in a long time!

·
SE VA
11,980 Posts
It seems that every time I turn around now another friend or hunting buddy is gone, one just yesterday:- ( I’ll be 78 when hunting season rolls around this fall. I guess I should be looking over my shoulder too.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
It seems that every time I turn around now another friend or hunting buddy is gone, one just yesterday:- ( I’ll be 78 when hunting season rolls around this fall. I guess I should be looking over my shoulder too.
Sorry for your loss!

Reactions: SEW and dynamo61

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Vent disappeared off the grid right around that time, your right. I think it was all the controversy over the Nemesis. The boards were full of life back then, that's for sure ! Maybe Scorpyds next release will spark it back into life and maybe Vent will be back around. It sure isn't like it used to be here.

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Me also, sorry to hear of this. Nothing in this life stays the same. It's hard to accept at times but it all works out for the better good in the end. Keep the faith ......

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
What other old timers are we talking about

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Unfortunately some of the good guys don’t haunt these boards anymore. 5 or 6 years ago the forums were at their peak IMO.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Several names that I really looked up to when I joined are no longer showing up and are certainly missed by me. Some I'm sure just got tired of the same ol stuff and faded away or moved on. Others perhaps have passed away and we may never know.
One of the sad parts of forums is you make friends that you never physically know then they disappear and you never know why.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts