Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Grew up in SW Minnesota, came to Texas with the USAF and live just north of Dallas. I'm 62 and have at least 4 years left to work and I hope many, many years left to hunt.

·
Happy Member
5,446 Posts
I grew up in Orland Park, Ill. I’ll be 66 in December this year. I lived in Joliet, Ill till I moved to Ripon, Wisconsin back in 2005. Been here ever since. Beautiful country up here! Nice deer and turkey population too. Eventually I hope to permanently move to live down in New Mexico. Always been my plan.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
2,787 Posts
So where are you from? Maybe if we let people know someone might get a new hunting buddy. I’m from linden mi just south of flint. 69 this coming September. Might retire then.
I have a few friends that live in the Linden area, spent a lot of time around there over the yrs hunting and fishing....
I live in Otsiville now (26 yrs) just NE of Flint (born and raised in Flint)... Closing in on 65 yrs young....

Mike

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Born and raised in S.W. Florida. Retired from law enforcement and moved to upper middle Tennessee. Enjoy chasing the big Eastern wild turkeys, Whitetail deer and playing around with food plots. Enjoying every moment of it !

·
Registered
422 Posts
49, born and raised in NJ near NYC moved to western NJ in 2009 about 90 mins from NYC, 14.5 months till my 25th year in law enforcement and I'm retiring......and getting the hell out of this state....NJ has good deer hunting and bear hunting here is great, world record was shot last fall here

·
Registered
13,224 Posts
Born and raised right here in NE Ga. 63 years old and closing in on retiring. Probably work another 15 months....atleast what I'm planning on doing now.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Born in North Central Louisiana, 2 years in Brasil as a young teen, 3 1/2 years in Savannah Ga during high school and back in North Central Louisiana since 1982. I’ll be 56 next month. Beautiful wife and a lovely daughter that’s a sophomore at Northwestern State University.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Your not joking about Philly !
I live in Pennsylvania, real close to Pittsburgh, too close.... born and raised here but, I've been around the whole country and lived in various other states to Anchorage Alaska and back. Lived in West Virginia and I miss living there the most out of all the places I've been to in this country, it's the mountains of W.V. I miss the most. It was so quiet and peaceful there. My closest neighbor was a pastor for the local First Baptist Church and he lived about 3 miles down a dirt road that disappeared into the woods. Where I helped him build an outdoor stage for his church. I was young and wanted to be around more people back then so, I left and regretted every minute of it ever since. My heart is still there....

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'm 73 years old and retired. I've never lived anywhere but TX. Live in Shenandoah, TX now.

·
11,268 Posts
I’m an old North Carolina boy. Raised on a small family farm in Halifax County fairly close to the Roanoke River. Killed my first buck with a recurve bow in a back field we called Buckhorn:- )
Finished high school there and moved up to SE Virginia. Been here ever since.
Couldn’t afford College. Went to work in the optical industry, the last 30 years with Zeiss. Retired at 62 so I could bow hunt as much as I wanted to:- ) Did do some archery related consulting for a few years after retiring in 2004. Almost 78 now with quite a few challenges stroke (5 years ago) related. “Ain’t” quitting though. 😊

·
Registered
377 Posts
Your not joking about Philly !
I live in Pennsylvania, real close to Pittsburgh, too close.... born and raised here but, I've been around the whole country and lived in various other states to Anchorage Alaska and back. Lived in West Virginia and I miss living there the most out of all the places I've been to in this country, it's the mountains of W.V. I miss the most. It was so quiet and peaceful there. My closest neighbor was a pastor for the local First Baptist Church and he lived about 3 miles down a dirt road that disappeared into the woods. Where I helped him build an outdoor stage for his church. I was young and wanted to be around more people back then so, I left and regretted every minute of it ever since. My heart is still there....
I can relate to the peace and quiet afforded by living in the sticks...Until the natural gas boom hit upstate PA, that is. Now the mountain house, which is on a main 2 lane rural route, is over run with big truck traffic day and night. They have also taken a heavy toll on the wildlife near our mountain home. Those guys just mow down everything that gets in the way. SMDH. In the last month we have lost a mature doe, a young buck, and a decent 2+ year old 8 point, all within 400 yards of the house. I myself happen to be a truck driver, albeit my route takes me to Long Island, NY daily. Regardless, I still see/have close calls with deer crossing the roads, but yet I manage to avoid them. (Knock on wood) Maybe it's because I don't have a huge grill guard that protects my rig from front end damage, thus I actually pay attention and try to avoid the critters, as opposed to not caring because it won't make me inoperable if I hit one....I don't know. :confused:

1 - 20 of 123 Posts