Crossbow Nation banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fort Worth, TX. Lost an incredible deer lease after 21 years when the rancher passed and his son basically ran everyone off. It was often "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" when deciding which deer to harvest. New lease has very few deer but polluted with hogs and great bass fishing. Would trade an all you can shoot hog hunt for a doe management hunt

·
Registered
16 Posts
From Northeastern CT. Just about all of my 66 years, retired. Vert bowhunter from 70's thru most of the 90's getting back into it with crossbow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
66 yrs old last January, born and raised in Southern California, wife and i have lived all over the US. Moved to Swansea SC about a year ago, trying to find some good public hunting areas

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm from Rochester NY. Lived in Byron for 24 yrs on 4 acres. Had access to over 1000 to hunt on. Lost it all when I got divorced & had to sell. Reserved to hunting on public land. Not fun anymore.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Soon to be 50 years old. Grew up in the thumb area of Michigan. Got out of there as fast as I could. Joined the Army and retired after 25 years and now live only yards from the Atlantic in NC with my school teaching wife. Been hunting with bang sticks since since I was 6 years old and still have my very first single shot 20 Ga shotgun. Mostly hunt Military installations which is public and its cheap and close. Bought my first crossbow about 3 weeks ago now and soaking in all the knowledge that the fine people on this forum talk about.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I live west of terre hate indiana, I'm retired from the dept of justice after 32 years. You get thrown out at 57. I'm gonna hunt every day I can this season with my vengent I've got some good hunting land available to me in Illinois also only about 15 miles away but it costs 500 a year for licensing so I got to budget since retirement. I'm still gonna love the 45 days of awsome comming Oct 1 in indiana too.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hi! I live in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am 70 years young and glad to be able to enjoy many sports especially crossbow shooting.
When I was young our family lived on a rice, cotton, and soybean farm so I experienced that work and life. I attended college and worked but the night life made it difficult so I changed to work with a nightlife. About the same time I moved to industrial work where I spent half my adult live at various skilled trades. Those years were as a machinist and toolmaker but I also did metal fabrication and welding prior to those. That was a fine life but I decided to change. At mid life I decided to get additional education by earning my BSE in Engineering with focus on mechanical. I spent the rest of my working life as an engineer in various industries with most of them related to automotive industries. I did well and at the peak of my profession it dawned on me it was time enjoy the retired life.

It's a good retirement going on 5 years. I enjoy family and many hobbies. We lease a large track for hunting and enjoy the chase. I'm glad we can make it happen as group

Best of luck!

Reactions: Stack

·
Registered
17 Posts
almost 67, born and still living in WC IL, been retired for 8 years
have lost most of my deer ground due to outfitting/leasing. still have one good place that usually produces a nice buck each year. also chase turkeys and fish, mainly walleyes
wife is retiring soon and we plan to get out of this crooked azz overtaxed state and move to wisconsin or iowa close to the mississippi river

·
714 Posts
55, born and raised in Newport RI, moved to Stratford CT 25 yrs ago. Sold my 40 acres in Franklin NY two years ago with no regrets. Looking forward to moving back to RI in a few years and getting a bigger boat.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts