Crossbow Nation banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi im Tim, im 42 years old, im a pisces and i like long walks in the woods, campfires, and .....oh wait wrong forum. haha. Anyway im about an hour south east of Pittsburgh. I live about one mile away from where i was born and raised and i will most likely die here. I hunt strictly on public land and theres alot of it around me. Thankfully alot of the public hunting areas hold an abundance of wildlife. I can be in the woods, on the water or on the bike trail in 15 minutes. I also have a cabin in the mountains about 45 minutes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dad was a fisherman and never hunted, but taught me to shoot a rifle at 6 y.o. one year after WWII ended. I've hunted ever since. Snakes, frogs, and squirrels with .22, deer with slug gun, recurve, and now crossbow. Reared on MS Gulf Coast, retired from Navy in 1983 in suburban Maryland outside D.C. Looking forward to another season of neighborhood herd control.
What county?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am 51, located in Maryland, between D.C. and Baltimore (world-renoknown hunting hot spot similar to Ohio or Kansas:sneaky:). I work for three letter organizations doing something related to National Security for the past 20 years.
I have been hunting with crossbows (and muzzleloader) for the past 12 years, since tearing my rotator cuff; but have hunted longer than that.

·
Registered
90 Posts
68 yrs.old. Born in West Texas and grew up in NE Oklahoma. Started hunting at age 4 (BB gun). Started bow hunting at 13 in OK. Married my HS sweetheart in “72 and moved west. Lived in Wyoming, Idaho, and for the last 34 years in Eugene Oregon. While raising 5 wonderful children I managed to get a few hunts in. Antelope, elk, black bear and lots of mule deer and blacktails. All with rifles. Retired 3 years ago and have renewed my love of Whitetail hunting by traveling back to OK and TX. Been using crossbow and having a great time. A lot more deer there than when Ieft! Crossbow’s aren’t legal to hunt with here but if there are any forum members that live nearby I would enjoy talking with you.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Born 20 mile from where I live in NW Ohio, 66 years old, retired from Iroworkers Local 147 in Ft Wayne In 30 years ago, been hunting fishing g and competing in rifle and handgun competitions for 45 of them years and today nothing's changed except I no longer compete, but for the past 30 years fishing and hunting with my favorite revolvers and bows is what I do when not taking a break on my Harley. Always wanted to live in Alaska, but was the one thing my wife would never agree with.
Dang, I got married in Ft. Wayne, IN, 1982. She still can't get rid of me. :p Small world!

Six months later we went to Alabama to start a business and we are still considered damn yankees :cool:. Yep, Sweet Home Alabama. The deer may not be big but we have a bunch of them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Born and raised on a farm in southern Virginia. Still there. Lots of Yankees moving in nowadays. They are sometimes difficult to figure out. Don’t really blame them for leaving the craziness of the North, but I do wish more would move elsewhere. LOL

·
Registered
500 Posts
Benton, Ar. 67yrs old. U.S. Army Veteran. Retired from AT&T in Texas. Wife wanted to move to Arkansas to be near granddaughter. Glad we did, deer hunting is phenomenal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
51 years old. Born and raised here in Alabama, live about 7 miles from the hospital where I was born and about 3 miles from the house where I grew up. Don’t know what this term y’all keep using, “retired”, means. I was a forester for the first 15 years of my adult life and been practicing law for the last 15 years. I’ve never moved from Alabama because I didn’t know that we were allowed to leave.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m 42, a civil engineer, and have lived almost my whole life here in Southwest Wyoming. I started shooting crossbow about a year ago to extend my hunting seasons but really enjoy it. I haven’t taken anything with it yet but hope to soon.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Live in Clarksville, TN I just retired from the Army after 23 years from Fort Campbell which is located on the Kentucky/Tennessee border and Clarksville is the city nearest Fort Campbell. I have had my crossbow since January of 2019 it is a Tenpoint Stealth NXT. This is my first year using it to hunt due to deployments. Going to make up for 23 years of lost time. Good luck guys.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I grew up in the north east suburbs of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Moved to Maine when I was 19, To Bemidji in northern Minnesota in my mid 20’s. I currently reside at my deluxe hunting shack in the woods east of Sandstone Minnesota. Lots of critters and no neighbors within a mile.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Rhode Island I’ll be 60 years old in December lived in Rhode Island all my life love the striper fish and hunt deer and once a year we go to Pennsylvania over at Tioga Boar Ranch and we hunt pigs that’s a blast

101 - 120 of 123 Posts