Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at purchasing a new Ravin but can’t make my mind up on which model. Is the R29x worth the extra or is the R29 the way to go and save a few hundred $?

·
Registered
10,365 Posts
That depends on how much an extra 20 fps and silent cranking is worth to you. You can make the R29 crank silently but there is some risk involved.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Whatever you decide, be prepared to invest much more than just the price in it. Press or archery shop time, strings, arrows, target, and optional scope, sling, case etc. all adds up. If the price difference gets you more stuff to maintain the bow, get the less expensive one.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Yeah I thinking same money and get the r29 with Sig Sauer BDX as well instead of r29x. How’s that scope combo?
The Sig Sauer BDX is phenomenal, IMO.
We use it on our TenPoint Vapor.

The Factory Ravin Scope works "well enough" for us on our Ravin R26 out to 60 yards at the time being.
We intend to stretch it out to at least 80 yards this summer.
When we save a little cash, rest assured another SigSauer BDX system will be added to the Ravin.

Reactions: Wes Smith

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yeah I thinking same money and get the r29 with Sig Sauer BDX as well instead of r29x. How’s that scope combo?
The 29x has heavier limbs than the rest of the Ravins so it will be harder on strings and cables. Ravin has improved the cables and strings but even the R29 is harder on them than the rest of the Ravins. I also know of 3 R29x with broken limbs in less than 50 shots. I'm sure there are a lot with no problems. Must be growing pains. Best bang for the buck is the R10 or R20 and they are easier to work on. You don't have to remove the scope rail to press them for cable adjust. Good luck with your decision.:) FYI

·
Registered
496 Posts
If you have or use an EZ press there is no removing the rail when pressing the R29 and R26.
What the heck is an "EZ" press?? I have a Ravin press...what is an "EZ" press? I understand that other presses do not work with Ravins. One certainly must remove the scope and rail on all Ravins except R9, 15, 10, and 20s, when using the authorized Ravin press. Please enlighten us. I for one would love to see this EZ press.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
What the heck is an "EZ" press?? I have a Ravin press...what is an "EZ" press? I understand that other presses do not work with Ravins. One certainly must remove the scope and rail on all Ravins except R9, 15, 10, and 20s, when using the authorized Ravin press. Please enlighten us. I for one would love to see this EZ press.
Look up Last Chance Archery. You'll see they have what's call a crossbow EZ press. Its green in color and has an attachment to press crossbows down to 6" wide.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
It works like a charm. Easy peasy. I picked it up in the classifieds a while back to press other bows. I help friends save money and saves me a bunch from having to get someone else to take care of my crossbow needs. Was well worth it for me.

I didnt know it would void a warranty. That's new news to me. I'll have to look into that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts