Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been eyeing a few of the Scorpyds for a while and I thought I had settled on the DS420. But there seems to be a few other choices in that line that are kind of intriguing. So to those who have owned and shot them, which is your fave and why?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have had an Orion Extreme 175, a Silver Ventilator 150, and a Grim Reaper. By far my favorite was the Silver Ventilator 150. Most consistently accurate of the 3, not too bad to cock, coolest looking (IMO), and a flat out deer killer...really lucky bow for me!

·
Registered
828 Posts
I think it depends on what you enjoy doing with the crossbow. If you are mostly shooting targets, then the Aculeus would be my choice. If you are a hunter and need the smaller frame and well balanced equipment, the Deathstalker would be my choice. I own the Deathstalker and would not hesitate to purchase another.

Reactions: jon.henry755

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I have a nemesis 480 a custom 165 that was a vent 150 and a custom 140 silver that was a silver vent .
I had a DS380 and sold it .
For me I like the older bows with a narrower night train riser on them .but I have the a ability to make my bows to fit my needs .
That being said I would go with a DS or find a older bow and send it north to me for a makeover .lol

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
O I forgot my silver is my favorite then the custom 165 . the Nemesis is going under the knife this winter !!!!

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
I think the DeathStalker series are nice. I like the idea of a one piece rail/riser. It sorta brings life to the bow somehow. Like it grew out of itself and it shoots fantastic....

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
My Silver Vent 150 leaves NO room for doubt.....it sets an arrow precisely where you aim it. I also had one of the early Death Stalker bows.....Its gone and I will never own another one . Nuff said.
They did have their problems but were fixed free and shot great once fixed. The 2nd run of them were problem free. Mine was a 1st generation DS 380.

·
Registered
127 Posts
DS 400, lightweight, well balanced and accurate. Because of the lower poundage, 135 lbs, the maintanance of string, serving and cables are manageable.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Loving my Silver Vent 150.so much that my Nemesis 480 may become the "backup".......

·
Registered
83 Posts
Since picking up a Silver Ventilator I am truly enjoying the unit. However my local sales / repair shop tells me that Scorpyd is the worst to deal with for service. I have not nor do I want to have to test that issue.

Reactions: Bowhunter57

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Since picking up a Silver Ventilator I am truly enjoying the unit. However my local sales / repair shop tells me that Scorpyd is the worst to deal with for service. I have not nor do I want to have to test that issue.
Is your local repair shop a Scorpyd dealer?

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I sent an e-mail to Rex and within 5 minutes I had a phone call from him. Never talked to him before in my life and he treated me like family and my bow was packed up and on the way to Scorpyd the next morning and was back in my hands a few days later. Local bow shops know nothing generally about most crossbows and will tell you a bunch of BS seeing that they don't know.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Yes he is and I just re-checked the Scorpyd site to verify.
It's odd a Scorpyd dealer would say that. The only issues I heard about really was the Nemesis 480 issues and lack of dealing with them from Scorpyd! Other than that, their record is impeccable!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I sent an e-mail to Rex and within 5 minutes I had a phone call from him. Never talked to him before in my life and he treated me like family and my bow was packed up and on the way to Scorpyd the next morning and was back in my hands a few days later. Local bow shops know nothing generally about most crossbows and will tell you a bunch of BS seeing that they don't know.
I placed a random call to Scorpyd to inquire about an Aculeus, which I never purchased. I left a message and Rex returned my call within 20 minutes. He was accommodating to all of my questions and was willing to work with my needs. For a first time call I felt very comfortable in dealing with him if I were to purchase. After our conversation my gut told me he was a good guy.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
My local dealer has some very unique words about Jimmy. And that's why Rex is around.lol
If I had to buy a common one today off the classifieds for hunting it would be a vent 175. Scope rails big enough to accommodate a bunch of stuff and, it's easily adjustable. Folding stock for quick easy shooting with a short sled. I"ll stick with what I have though. My Velocity's with 4-16x on them are point and shoot and, you'll hit exactly where your aiming. Grim has a mind of it's own when it feels like it. Lots of good but, I can't deal with it.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts