Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you prefer to shoot a compound or recurve style crossbow? I have both and like both but tend to shoot my compound more. It's easier to cock and quieter.

·
Happy Member
5,432 Posts
I’ve killed more deer with my Excalibur bows than my compound bows.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: robertyb

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
I started with an old school Vortex by Excal and was tickled to death with it's performance. I had the trigger worked on by Boo and it is an excellent shooting bow. A real tack driver that has killed deer every year since Ive owned it. Then when the hype took off about the CP Sniper 370 I watched and listened until I finally became a casuality and sent in the check for one. After Rich's trigger mod it too became an excellent shooter. I think the reason I use the Sniper the most is because it's a bit lighter and easier to throw across my back getting to and from the stand, the compound shoots a bit faster, and seems to be a bit quieter. Now all that said, I try keeping my killing range at 35 yards or closer with my longest range at 45 yards. Both my bows are deadly at those ranges so both finds stand time and both kill deer every year.;):)

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I'm pretty sure my ol Excal Ibex will be 'benched'.......I got Swatted, and had it 'Tapped' out!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts