Crossbow Nation banner

Which Tenpoint?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Normd 
#1 ·
Would be my first cross bow, got $500-$1000 to spend . Suggestions?

#2 ·
Check with 10 Point and see if they have any specials listed or refurbished
crossbows.
Go to archery shops and check the crossbows for length, fit and weight.
What suits one may not suit or fit another. Some shops may have a small
range where a crossbow can be shot.
Sometimes good deals come up on the market place on this forum where
a crossbow may come with up grades or accessories.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

#7 ·
They reduced pricing on the Turbo. I’m amazed at the accuracy of my TPoint. I’m not interested in the fastest bow available, but I do like shooting near 400 fps. Maybe not a concern for you.

#9 ·
I have $30,000 to spend. Which Ferrari should I get? ;)

I’m just teasing. But as others have alluded to, you’ve almost completely priced yourself out of the TenPoint line with the budget you have set since there is only one model that retails for less than $1,000.

Recommend looking at the WR line or some of the Excaliburs if you want to stay in that price range. You prob can’t go wrong there.

And don’t forget to leave a little money in the budget for accessories like targets, extra arrows, case, etc. That can add a few extra hundred real quick.

Reactions: Ode1891
#11 · (Edited)
Norm, there are a few under $1K (Tenpoint Sales), but as pointed out, a xbow w/o arrows is just pretty. Custom arrows matched to your choice are expensive and DO make a difference, especially past 30-40 yards but many use off the shelf very lethally. My first was an RDX 400 (now $900) on the site. I shot around 2,000 times (new guy :p) as I experimented with arrows, targets, hunting tips, optics, etc. I needed an allowance for a year while just having fun. Pretty much like a young kid with the first car. If you're not in a rush, take your time and enjoy the game.

Fun arrow flight videos

Straight/True

Wobbler

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.