Crossbow Nation banner

Who can work on my 505

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Slayer1962 
#1 ·
I have a TenPoint 505. I bought it in another state,but will not be hunting there for a while,so I can‘t get it worked on there. Is there a list of people who work specifically on TenPoint, i.e. certified technician? No problems at this point, but wonder what to do if one arises. I am not a tinkerer and need someone who knows what they are doing…….
Thanks.

#4 ·
That being said, just like all occupations there are good techs out there and not-so good techs. It is kind of like finding a mechanic, or a good primary care physician. After my long-time bow guy retired about 3 yrs ago, I am still in search of a quality bow service technician. I am pretty decent doing minor stuff with my guns, but I am not ready to take the leap of faith to service my own bows, compound or crossbow.

#5 ·
Agree. There are a lot of "archery" techs out there. You have a better chance of getting a good one who is better prepared to work on your TP bow by using their service centers. Also, warranty work will be much easier to get approved.

#6 ·
Here is a link to the Tenpoint dealer locator. However there are no guarantees that the people at the dealer locations actually have the capability and knowledge of quality work. Especially with the frequent turnover of employees at any given archery shop. I recently had a experience at a shop that has been a Tenpoint dealer for quite some time, it was a simple job of replacing the string and cables, the person did not correctly install them. Finding a repair dealer that knows what they are doing and their knowledge of crossbows is sometimes a gamble. :(

#14 ·
Kelly's Outdoors in Delaware started out in marine store. Kelly has since moved and has one of the nicest shops an independent dealer could ever have. The service Kelly provides has not changed since I met him and his family in the 90's. Don't be too quick to judge!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.