Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Staying shut in honoring social distancing for the last three weeks has created the urge to shoot my Xbows.

I use to have a swimming pool in my backyard but demoed it last fall. Glad that money pit is gone! So now I have wide open space to shoot at my 40 yard target. I've been shooting 7-20 times every other a day. This week every day.

Anyone else flinging arrows?

·
Registered
12,842 Posts
Sorry to say....I haven't shot a crossbow since last Dec. When I get time now I'm fishing....social distancing I might add. My workplace is considered "essential" so I work Mon-Friday every week.

Reactions: Dagwood

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I put crossbows to the side for lawn, golf, fishing, and soon to be turkey season. My Ripper is waiting on some more attention from CS when the Corid-19 allows them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have been shooting every day myself along with my daughter. we use our fence line 20 to 60 . bBeing a florida resident has it's perks on the good weather.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Same here. With all the arrows,heads,vanes.blah blah blah....
I have been doing a lot of shooting and fiddling around with bows.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just starting to shoot do to the long winter here . Been tinkering on the bows lately, just put the ccd on my ts 370 last night a very cool set up.

·
2,593 Posts
Man, a 40 yard range in the backyard sounds awesome! Congrats!

I shot in both hunting bows and my 3D bows before we had the "Stay at home" orders. I know guys are getting out fishing, so when I have more time I will get out to do that. Just spent 6 hours plowing today. Hoping to get our potatoes and other crops planted before the first of May, weather permitting.

·
Happy Member
5,283 Posts
Whenever weather permitting, I shoot both of my bows! I’ll shoot anywhere from 50-200 shots, depending on time and strength.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Been trying to learn to tune my xbows. Starting to get the hang of it. Every time i make adjustments I have to resight so been getting in a lot of shooting. Always use same arrow for sighting in so also getting a lot of walking back and forth.o_O

·
Registered
209 Posts
Im shootin a bunch more-testing heavier heads at distance and thru the chrono! Gotta get ready for Mr Tom at the end of the month!
Steve

·
Registered
400 Posts
I am taking advantage of the nice spring weather this past week and have been shooting my bows everyday. Had the chronograph out and experimenting with the different limb weights on the Aculeus bows. Also getting my HHA speed dials zeroed in. They are great!:)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Waiting on my new BigShot Iron Man Extreme 500 target to arrive. My Yellow Jacket bag target won’t stop my arrows anymore. I shot once today and the arrow buried completely in the bag. :mad:I’ve ruined the fletching on 3 of my arrows the last couple of times I shot so I ordered the BigShot today. I might try adding some additional stuffing to my YJ bag. I haven’t shot my good hunting arrows at it in quit some time. I plan on buying a Blob target soon too. Hopefully between the BgShot & the Blob that will put an end to ruined fletchings. I guess now I need to look into getting a fletching jig for all my naked arrows. ;) This hobby is getting expensive. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Waiting on my new BigShot Iron Man Extreme 500 target to arrive. My Yellow Jacket bag target won’t stop my arrows anymore. I shot once today and the arrow buried completely in the bag. :mad:I’ve ruined the fletching on 3 of my arrows the last couple of times I shot so I ordered the BigShot today. I might try adding some additional stuffing to my YJ bag. I haven’t shot my good hunting arrows at it in quit some time. I plan on buying a Blob target soon too. Hopefully between the BgShot & the Blob that will put an end to ruined fletchings. I guess now I need to look into getting a fletching jig for all my naked arrows. ;) This hobby is getting expensive. :rolleyes:
That part about the naked arrows is where I'm at:( Have to decide on what fletching jig now!:rolleyes:
Look at it this way Saved, we're helping out the economy!:p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts