Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to take a guess I’d say Hawke makes the Ravin scope but I could be wrong. Not sure of the idea for a 50 yard center crosshair but this pic I found - albeit a bit busy - looks reasonably crisp.

Just wondering how those little circles look illuminated or not illuminated? Thanks.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If the scope had a 40 yard center vs 50 it would be better. I keep a couple for backup use if needed. I like the hawke 1.5-6 mag for deer hunting. Especially onnthe faster Ravins like R20 and R29. I don’t generally target shoot at longer distances. If I am. To mistaken Wyvern’s puts the scope I like (hawke) on the R10 ready to hunt package.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
The Scope's yardage circles are easy to see when illuminated either Red or Green, even when shooting out to 60 yards.
I believe that is the farthest we have stretched it to date but my memory is not the best LOL.
It is very crisp and clear optics.

I anticipate some 100+ yard shots later this week.
Will post the results in the Crossbow Target Shooting Forum.

If it is bright daylight, i don't personally even illuminate the Scope.
The intensity control makes it easy to see the circles at dawn, dusk or heavy overcast skies.
I turn the intensity level down when shooting longer shots so the light does not wash out the target's bullseye.

The scope will be going on to our CP370 as soon as our 2nd SigSauer BDX System arrives, which will go on our R26.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had to change from the factory scope. It was not good in low light and overall too busy. The numbers don't light up so low light you still have to count dots.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just put one on my CP400 and dialed in set the speed and shooting at 397fps and the places l hunt you might shoot 40yds so l just use my 20 and hold a bit high yep l get caught up in all the tech stuff but really could have stuck a 3x9x50 on it and would probably been better off with lower light conditions

·
Registered
654 Posts
The Scope's yardage circles are easy to see when illuminated either Red or Green, even when shooting out to 60 yards.
I believe that is the farthest we have stretched it to date but my memory is not the best LOL.
It is very crisp and clear optics.

I anticipate some 100+ yard shots later this week.
Will post the results in the Crossbow Target Shooting Forum.

If it is bright daylight, i don't personally even illuminate the Scope.
The intensity control makes it easy to see the circles at dawn, dusk or heavy overcast skies.
I turn the intensity level down when shooting longer shots so the light does not wash out the target's bullseye.

The scope will be going on to our CP370 as soon as our 2nd SigSauer BDX System arrives, which will go on our R26.
Dynamo,
I believe there are slight differences in the Ravin scopes, most likely due to improvements. I tested one that was spot on 20 out to 70 but the POI increased to the point that @ 100 I was 6" over the target, not over the aim point. This equated to the 100 yard subtention being 13" high @ 100. You may want to try a junk arrow so you don't lose a good one. Just FYI.
Good Luck
FD

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Dynamo,
I believe there are slight differences in the Ravin scopes, most likely due to improvements. I tested one that was spot on 20 out to 70 but the POI increased to the point that @ 100 I was 6" over the target, not over the aim point. This equated to the 100 yard subtention being 13" high @ 100. You may want to try a junk arrow so you don't lose a good one. Just FYI.
Good Luck
FD
That is great info, thanks Farm Deer, appreciate it.
May save me an arrow or two so I owe you a couple of drinks!
:)

Reactions: Farm Deer

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had to change from the factory scope. It was not good in low light and overall too busy. The numbers don't light up so low light you still have to count dots.
I was at Cabelas this morning looking at the R26 and R29 again and both have the Ravin 20-100 scope. After adjusting the focus on each, I couldn't see the reticle for squat. Actually the Crossfire II I had was easier to see. 😂

The guy with the R10 I’m trying to deal with has that same scope on it and I can’t hunt with that one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts